1. In what location does Charles tell Meg he saw dragons?
(a) in the kitchen
(b) on top of the school bus
(c) at school
(d) in the garden
2. Why does Charles' statement alarm Meg?
(a) it scares her
(b) Dennys is acting weird
(c) he's normally level headed
(d) Charles has been lying a lot lately
3. How does Charles look at the beginning of the book?
(a) black eye and torn clothes
(b) as if he has grown in a day
(c) with camping clothes on
(d) dressed in a suit
4. How long has Charles been in school?
(a) a year
(b) two months
(c) six months
(d) two weeks
5. What does Charles tell Meg about school and his behavior?
(a) school is too difficult for him
(b) the teacher slapped him
(c) he is careful about what he says
(d) he has beat up every boy in class
6. Where is Meg's mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) in her laboratory
(b) in California
(c) at their grandparents
(d) at the high school
This section contains 4,509 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)