• Charles Wallace Murry informs his teenage sister, Meg Murry, that there are dragons in the vegetable garden.
• This bizarre statement alarms Meg from her usually level-headed and brilliant young brother.
• She surreptitiously eyes Charles Wallace. His clothes are torn, and he sports a fresh bruise under his left eye.
• Charles Wallace informs her that their mother is in her laboratory and their father has been called away.
• Charles asks Meg to accompany him to the vegetable garden to see if the dragons are still there.
• Meg notices that he is out of breath and extremely pale.
• Charles, who has an uncanny ability to pick up on her thoughts, tells her that their mother is worried about his health, too.
• Charles admits he has been tired for months, and this week his symptoms have gotten worse.
• Meg leaves Charles sitting on the low wall surrounding the garden and...
This section contains 2,815 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)