|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
2. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
5. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
Essay Topic 1
The Ku Klux Klan developed during this time period in response to the organizations of freed African Americans.
Part 1: Why do you think the KKK was so successful in starting their organization?
Part 2: Do you think the KKK has a right to be organized and to demonstrate? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the KKK will ever be disbanded? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It seems that relationships between slaves seemed to affect their organization into groups which might affect social change at first.
Part 1: Why do you think the familial relationships were so important during this time?
Part 2: Why do you think certain relationships prohibited groups from forming more easily at this time?
Part 3: Do you think the way your family is connected affects the way you approach politics? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of freedom is something many of us take for granted as we've always had had.
Part 1: How do you think you would respond to having your freedom taken away?
Part 2: How might it have felt to the slaves to have their freedom given to them?
Part 3: Do you believe that freedom is an inherent human right? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,572 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)