|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ Party was the greats white insurgency of post-emancipation.
2. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
3. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
(c) Political sway.
4. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
5. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
Short Answer Questions
1. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
2. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
3. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
4. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
5. Many new agricultural groups claimed to stand for the interests of small farmers and drew on the political legacies of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the emigration movements of the 1870s gain the most support from?
2. What did some whites do in response to the threat of emigration of their black help?
3. How did the Readjusters attempt to organize their party in 1879 in Virginia?
4. What was the major achievement of Hiram R. Revels?
5. Why is it impossible to define a typical Klan experience?
6. What industry in the United States had to shoulder the burden of industrial development?
7. Who did the KKK first attract to be a part of their membership in the early stages of formation?
8. What was happening in order to prevent black men from registering to vote and actually voting?
9. What were some of the rumors spreading about the black farm workers in some areas?
10. What were the main goals of the Ku Klux Klan during this period of time?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)