|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
2. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
3. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Slave gangs.
(c) Patrol System.
(d) Confederate Government.
4. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(d) Legal action.
5. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(d) Union League.
Short Answer Questions
1. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
2. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
3. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
4. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
5. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)