|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
2. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
3. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
4. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
5. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
2. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
3. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
4. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
5. Many new agricultural groups claimed to stand for the interests of small farmers and drew on the political legacies of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where were the destinations where many newly freed black men were seeking to emigrate to?
2. How was the movement of emigration shared with the black community?
3. Black groups began to challenge the Democratic and conservative rule, how were these challenges waged most aggressively?
4. What was Frederick Douglass' response to the idea of emigration for newly freed blacks?
5. What organization was said to be a necessary response to the formation of the Union League?
6. Who did the emigration movements of the 1870s gain the most support from?
7. What was the major achievement of Hiram R. Revels?
8. Who did the KKK first attract to be a part of their membership in the early stages of formation?
9. Why is it impossible to define a typical Klan experience?
10. What happened to those who supported or to those who had sympathy for the Union League and its goals?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)