|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ were most likely to occur in rural areas of the Deep South, where large and volatile black populations lived.
(a) Murders of white slave owners.
(c) Voting troubles.
(d) KKK Rallies.
2. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Black candidates.
(b) Land owership by blacks.
(c) White candidates.
(d) Voting in elections.
3. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
(b) Militia training.
(c) Secret meetings.
(d) Bake sales.
4. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
(a) Political sway.
5. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
(b) White Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
2. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
3. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
4. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
5. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)