|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
2. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
3. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
(a) Latin America.
4. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
(a) White Men.
5. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
(a) Landowner's associations.
(d) Confederate Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
2. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
3. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
4. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
5. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)