|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
2. Many new agricultural groups claimed to stand for the interests of small farmers and drew on the political legacies of ____________.
3. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
4. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
5. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
(c) White Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
2. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
3. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
4. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
5. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the emigration movements of the 1870s gain the most support from?
2. What happened with the blacks within the Republican Party regarding the white response to these new members?
3. Black groups began to challenge the Democratic and conservative rule, how were these challenges waged most aggressively?
4. Where were lynchings most likely to occur, according to Hahn's findings in this book?
5. What happened to those who supported or to those who had sympathy for the Union League and its goals?
6. Where did black officeholders seem to be present the most often?
7. What were some of the rumors spreading about the black farm workers in some areas?
8. What were the promising results of the control of the legislature by the Readjusters?
9. What industry in the United States had to shoulder the burden of industrial development?
10. What did some whites do in response to the threat of emigration of their black help?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)