|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(a) Union League.
2. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
3. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
4. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
(b) Drinking fountains.
(c) Grocery stores.
5. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ were most likely to occur in rural areas of the Deep South, where large and volatile black populations lived.
2. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
3. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
4. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
5. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the emigration movements of the 1870s gain the most support from?
2. Who did the KKK first attract to be a part of their membership in the early stages of formation?
3. What are some of the positions which black men occupied during the time of more black influence?
4. Where did black officeholders seem to be present the most often?
5. What happened to those who supported or to those who had sympathy for the Union League and its goals?
6. What were some of the rumors spreading about the black farm workers in some areas?
7. What happened with the blacks within the Republican Party regarding the white response to these new members?
8. How was the movement of emigration shared with the black community?
9. What were the main goals of the Ku Klux Klan during this period of time?
10. How did the Readjusters attempt to organize their party in 1879 in Virginia?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)