|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
2. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Urban North.
(b) Rural South.
(c) East Coast.
(d) West Coast.
3. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
(a) Civil War.
(d) Abolition Movement.
4. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(b) Stayed the same.
(c) Was not measured.
5. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
5. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the right to vote of the black man during the time period of this particular book?
2. What did the slaveholders begin to do in order to entice their slaves to stay on the farms to work?
3. What are the two main ideas which Hahn's book seeks to suggest?
4. Who were typically leading the freedom movements to secure the right to vote for the African American man?
5. Why does Hahn focus on the rural South within the course of this book?
6. What happened as a result of the Confederate government becoming more organized?
7. What was happening in society, even before the presidential election began?
8. What happened as a result of the increased slave population before the Antebellum Period?
9. What did the slaveholders and the slaves of the 1850s think about the Republican Party?
10. How did the freed men respond to the new extension of the right to vote?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)