|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(a) Just as.
(c) Willing and.
2. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
3. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(d) Slave owner.
4. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
5. Black support fed on the ideologies and customers with _______________.
(c) Black communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
2. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hahn focus on the rural South within the course of this book?
2. Who were typically leading the freedom movements to secure the right to vote for the African American man?
3. What are some of the plantations on which the slaves of the South used to work?
4. What happened as a result of the increased slave population before the Antebellum Period?
5. What happened on July fourth of 1865 which had not happened in years?
6. Why did the Union League spread rapidly through the plantation belt at the time?
7. What were some of the activities that slaves participated in which seemed to be threatening and rebellious?
8. What is so special about the rural areas in which the African Americans lived during the time period of this book?
9. What did the contraband camps provide for the African American slaves once their freedom was emerging?
10. What happened when leaders of the South joined with Northern blacks?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)