|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(b) Civil War.
2. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(b) Slave owner.
3. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(b) Just as.
(c) Willing and.
4. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) Slave holders.
(c) All whites.
5. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(d) Black Panthers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did slaveholders begin to strike back at the prospect of millions of freed slaves?
2. What are some of the plantations on which the slaves of the South used to work?
3. What did the Friends of Universal Suffrage want to attain with their organization?
4. Why were so many rumors about black uprisings and other troubles spreading so quickly at this time?
5. How did the freed men respond to the new extension of the right to vote?
6. Why did the Union League spread rapidly through the plantation belt at the time?
7. What kind of account did Hahn come across, helping to inspire him to become interested in African American politics?
8. What did the contraband camps provide for the African American slaves once their freedom was emerging?
9. By the mid nineteenth century, how did the slaves of the South begin to change the slave-master relationship?
10. What happened on July fourth of 1865 which had not happened in years?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)