|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(d) North Carolina.
2. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
3. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
4. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
5. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
2. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
3. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about the rural areas in which the African Americans lived during the time period of this book?
2. How was the movement of emigration shared with the black community?
3. What happened on July fourth of 1865 which had not happened in years?
4. What did the Friends of Universal Suffrage want to attain with their organization?
5. Why is it impossible to define a typical Klan experience?
6. What did some whites do in response to the threat of emigration of their black help?
7. What is Marcus Garvey most famously known for along with his organization, Universal Negro Improvement Association?
8. What are some of the plantations on which the slaves of the South used to work?
9. What were some of the rumors spreading about the black farm workers in some areas?
10. How did the freed men respond to the new extension of the right to vote?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)