|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
2. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
3. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
(a) Debate with others.
(c) Get good grades.
(d) Do battle.
4. The lines of authority tended to flow from the _______ heads of household.
5. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
(c) Political power.
6. Black social and political power weakened after _____________.
(a) The election of Lincoln.
7. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Union League.
(d) Black community.
8. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
(d) Political party.
9. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
10. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
(a) KKK battle tactics.
11. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
12. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
13. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
14. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
(a) Town halls.
15. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
2. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
3. Lynchings were rare in areas where a community had been created and where there was some local __________.
4. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
5. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)