|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
(c) Legal ramifcations.
2. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
(b) Black community.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Union League.
3. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
(a) Do battle.
(c) Get good grades.
(d) Debate with others.
4. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
5. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(d) Legal action.
6. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
7. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
8. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
9. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(a) African American.
10. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
(c) Political sway.
11. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Democratic Party.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) White man.
(d) Voting system.
12. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
(b) Jail time.
13. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
14. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(b) Union League.
15. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
2. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
3. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
4. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
5. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)