|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
2. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
3. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
4. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
(b) Political power.
5. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(b) Union League.
6. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
7. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
(a) Political sway.
8. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
(a) At all.
(c) For whites.
9. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
(b) Political party.
10. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
(b) Drinking fountains.
(c) Grocery stores.
11. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Democratic Party.
(b) Voting system.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) White man.
12. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
13. On the _______ level, blacks could hope for a significant share of county and parish offices.
14. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
(b) Black community.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Union League.
15. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
(b) Transportation costs.
(d) Poll taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
2. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
3. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
4. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
5. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)