Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(a) Legal action.
2. Many areas of the world suffered a/an ___________ in the 1870s and again in the 1890s.
(a) Emigration movement.
(b) Economic depression.
(c) KKK battle.
3. ___________ in the United States shouldered the burden of industrial development.
(b) War time.
4. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(c) African American.
5. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(b) Union League.
6. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Voting in elections.
(b) White candidates.
(c) Land owership by blacks.
(d) Black candidates.
7. _________ were most likely to occur in rural areas of the Deep South, where large and volatile black populations lived.
(b) Murders of white slave owners.
(c) Voting troubles.
(d) KKK Rallies.
8. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
9. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
(c) Poll taxes.
(d) Transportation costs.
10. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
11. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
12. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(b) The KKK.
13. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
14. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
(c) Polling practices.
15. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
2. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
3. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
4. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
5. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)