|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ Party was the greats white insurgency of post-emancipation.
2. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
(a) Latin America.
3. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
(a) Union League.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Black community.
4. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
(a) An abandonment.
(b) An organization.
(c) A necessity.
(d) A religion.
5. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(d) African American.
6. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
7. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
8. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
9. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
(c) Landowner law changes.
10. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
11. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Voting system.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) White man.
(d) Republican Party.
12. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
13. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
14. Black social and political power weakened after _____________.
(b) The election of Lincoln.
15. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
2. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
3. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
4. _________ were most likely to occur in rural areas of the Deep South, where large and volatile black populations lived.
5. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)