|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(d) South Carolina.
2. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
(a) Poll taxes.
(b) Transportation costs.
3. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
4. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
(c) Political sway.
5. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
6. Black social and political power weakened after _____________.
(a) The election of Lincoln.
7. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) White man.
(d) Voting system.
8. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
9. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
10. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
11. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
12. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
13. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
14. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Confederate Government.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Slave gangs.
(d) Patrol System.
15. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
2. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
3. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
4. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
5. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)