|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
2. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
(a) Secret meetings.
(b) Bake sales.
(d) Militia training.
3. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
4. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
5. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Confederate Government.
(b) Slave gangs.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Patrol System.
6. Emigration sentiment seemed to be most powerful in areas where freed people labored on ____________.
(a) Voting booths.
(b) Political campaigns.
(c) KKK retaliation.
7. The __________ Party was the greats white insurgency of post-emancipation.
8. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
(a) Freed men.
(d) Uninformed men.
9. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
10. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
11. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
12. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(a) Legal action.
13. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
14. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
15. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
2. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
3. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
4. The _________, which sought skilled and unskilled laborers of all parties, races, and sexes, expanded from larger cities into the rural South.
5. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)