|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
2. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
3. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
4. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
(a) Secret meetings.
(b) Bake sales.
(d) Militia training.
5. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
6. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(c) Union League.
7. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
8. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
(c) Political sway.
9. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
10. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
11. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(c) Legal action.
12. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
13. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
14. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
15. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) White candidates.
(b) Voting in elections.
(c) Land owership by blacks.
(d) Black candidates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many new agricultural groups claimed to stand for the interests of small farmers and drew on the political legacies of ____________.
2. Many areas of the world suffered a/an ___________ in the 1870s and again in the 1890s.
3. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
4. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
5. _________ were most likely to occur in rural areas of the Deep South, where large and volatile black populations lived.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)