|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
2. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(b) Law changes.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(b) Burned down.
4. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
5. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
(a) Board rooms.
(d) Farming communities.
6. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
7. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
8. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(b) Pieces of land.
9. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(c) White groups.
(d) Voting rules.
10. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
11. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
12. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Own land.
(c) Be free.
13. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
14. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(b) Willing and.
(c) Just as.
15. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
4. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
5. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)