|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
2. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
(d) Polling practices.
3. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
2. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
3. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)