|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(a) National Civil Liberties Union.
(c) Suffragists United.
(d) Union League.
2. Lynchings were rare in areas where a community had been created and where there was some local __________.
(b) Voting law.
(c) White authority.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(a) Was not measured.
(b) Stayed the same.
4. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(a) A black man.
(d) No one.
5. Communication networks like __________ and local associations led the way for the migration of African Americans.
(a) Knitting circles.
(b) Underground railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
2. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
3. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)