|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
(a) People in power.
(b) Each other.
(c) Freed men.
(d) Women and children.
2. ___________ in the United States shouldered the burden of industrial development.
(d) War time.
3. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
4. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(b) The KKK.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
2. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
5. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)