|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
3. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
4. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
(a) Political party.
5. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
(a) An organization.
(b) An abandonment.
(c) A religion.
(d) A necessity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
2. Through Garvey's ideas, popular forms of black _________ arose in twentieth century America.
3. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
4. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
5. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)