|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
(a) A religion.
(b) A necessity.
(c) An abandonment.
(d) An organization.
2. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Rural South.
(b) West Coast.
(c) East Coast.
(d) Urban North.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Raising livestock.
4. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
5. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(d) Union League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Migrating African Americans carried with them their ____________ developments and knowledge about their goals.
2. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
3. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
4. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)