|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Freed people.
(b) Slave owners.
(d) Church leaders.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(b) Pieces of land.
3. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(c) Legal action.
4. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(a) Slave owner.
5. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
(b) The draft.
(c) Social sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
2. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
5. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)