|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
3. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
(d) White Men.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Black regiment.
(b) Union spy team.
(c) White and black regiment.
(d) Confederate dissolution.
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this period, many African Americans from ______________ came to the United States.
2. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
3. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)