|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
2. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
3. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
4. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
(c) Grocery stores.
(d) Drinking fountains.
5. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
4. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
5. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)