|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Raising livestock.
3. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(a) Black Panthers.
4. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
3. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
4. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
5. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)