|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Black regiment.
(b) Confederate dissolution.
(c) White and black regiment.
(d) Union spy team.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Freed slave.
(b) Fugitive slave.
(c) Slave punishment.
(d) Bounty hunter.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(d) Registering to vote.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many areas of the world suffered a/an ___________ in the 1870s and again in the 1890s.
2. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
3. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
4. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
5. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)