|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
2. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
3. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
(c) Slave owner.
4. The Great Northern ____________ between 1915 and 1930 for African Americans brought a new era in black political life.
5. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through Garvey's ideas, popular forms of black _________ arose in twentieth century America.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
4. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
5. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)