|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(b) Good behavior.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Ritual gifting.
3. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
(c) Drinking fountains.
(d) Grocery stores.
4. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
5. Garvey is best known as being an advocate for ___________ for African Americans.
(d) Equal rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
2. The _________, which sought skilled and unskilled laborers of all parties, races, and sexes, expanded from larger cities into the rural South.
3. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
4. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)