|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(b) African American.
2. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) Slave holders.
(d) All whites.
4. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
(a) Freed men.
(b) People in power.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Each other.
5. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
4. White landowners and tenant farmers began to attend meetings of the Agricultural _______ or Farmer's Alliance in large numbers.
5. Garvey tapped the traditions of ____________ and goals that had been developing.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)