|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Black Bend.
(c) Jefferson Village.
(d) Davis Bend.
2. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
Short Answer Questions
1. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
2. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
3. The _________, which sought skilled and unskilled laborers of all parties, races, and sexes, expanded from larger cities into the rural South.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)