|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Land owership by blacks.
(b) Voting in elections.
(c) White candidates.
(d) Black candidates.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(a) Burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
2. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
5. The Great Northern ____________ between 1915 and 1930 for African Americans brought a new era in black political life.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)