|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
3. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
4. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(b) Was not measured.
(c) Stayed the same.
5. Through Garvey's ideas, popular forms of black _________ arose in twentieth century America.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
2. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
5. Marcus Garvey's organization was called the Universal ________ Improvement Association.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)