|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(c) Pieces of land.
3. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
4. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
(b) Social sites.
(c) The draft.
5. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________, which sought skilled and unskilled laborers of all parties, races, and sexes, expanded from larger cities into the rural South.
2. Whites claimed that blacks were planning on murdered their whites in order to gain their ___________.
3. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
4. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
5. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)