|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Communication networks like __________ and local associations led the way for the migration of African Americans.
(c) Knitting circles.
(d) Underground railroad.
2. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(a) Union League.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
5. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ in the United States shouldered the burden of industrial development.
2. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
4. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
5. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)