|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
2. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
(a) Sports teams.
(b) Religious organizations.
(c) Bank owners.
(d) Slave unions.
5. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
2. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
4. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
5. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)