|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(c) Political movement.
2. The lines of authority tended to flow from the _______ heads of household.
3. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
4. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
5. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
2. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
3. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
4. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
5. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)