|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue Up, You Mighty Race.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(b) Civil War.
2. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
3. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
4. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
5. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) White man.
(c) Voting system.
(d) Democratic Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
3. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
4. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
5. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)