|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
2. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
3. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
2. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
3. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
4. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
5. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)