|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(c) Political movement.
2. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
(a) A religion.
(b) An organization.
(c) A necessity.
(d) An abandonment.
3. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(c) Time periods.
5. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(c) Stayed the same.
(d) Was not measured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
2. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
3. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
4. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
5. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)