|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
(b) Latin America.
2. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
(a) An abandonment.
(b) An organization.
(c) A necessity.
(d) A religion.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) All whites.
(d) Slave holders.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
2. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
3. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)