|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
(b) Civil War.
(d) Abolition Movement.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Free time.
(d) Voting rights.
5. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
3. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
4. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)