|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
2. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
3. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(a) African Americans.
5. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
2. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
3. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
4. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
5. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)