|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) Voting rules.
(b) White groups.
3. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(a) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
2. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
3. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
5. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)