|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(b) Slave owners.
(c) Freed people.
(d) Church leaders.
2. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
3. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
4. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
5. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
2. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
3. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
4. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
5. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)