|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
2. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(c) African American.
3. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Confederate Government.
(b) Slave gangs.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Patrol System.
4. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Black community.
(d) Union League.
5. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
2. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
3. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
4. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
5. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)