|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
2. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(a) Political movement.
3. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(c) African Americans.
5. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
(d) White Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
2. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
3. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
4. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
5. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)