|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
4. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
(a) For whites.
(b) At all.
5. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(c) Union League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
2. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
3. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
4. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
5. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)