|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(c) Law changes.
2. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(c) Union League.
3. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
(d) In power.
4. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(b) Work gangs.
5. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(b) Political movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
2. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
5. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)