|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
(c) In power.
2. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Union spy team.
(b) Black regiment.
(c) White and black regiment.
(d) Confederate dissolution.
3. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
(c) Slave owner.
4. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
5. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(c) Land ownership.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
5. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)