|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
(b) Latin America.
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(c) Pieces of land.
5. One form of political activity that is often overlooked is the ___________ sentiment that developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
2. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
5. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)