|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
2. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
3. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
4. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
5. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
2. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
4. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
5. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)