|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
2. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
(a) Landowner's associations.
(c) Confederate Army.
3. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(d) African Americans.
4. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(a) Congress men.
(d) KKK members.
5. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
4. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
5. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)