|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
4. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
(d) KKK battle tactics.
5. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(a) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
4. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
5. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)