|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
2. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(b) Burned down.
3. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Bounty hunter.
(b) Freed slave.
(c) Slave punishment.
(d) Fugitive slave.
4. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(c) South Carolina.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
2. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
3. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
5. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)