|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
(d) Political power.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Slave punishment.
(c) Freed slave.
(d) Bounty hunter.
3. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
(d) Jail time.
4. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(c) Union League.
5. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(b) KKK members.
(d) Congress men.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
2. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
3. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
4. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
5. Black support fed on the ideologies and customers with _______________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)