|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
2. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
3. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
4. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
5. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black support fed on the ideologies and customers with _______________.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
5. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)