|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Slave punishment.
(c) Freed slave.
(d) Bounty hunter.
3. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(d) Dispute resolution.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
4. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
5. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)