|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Confederate dissolution.
(b) White and black regiment.
(c) Union spy team.
(d) Black regiment.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
2. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
4. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
5. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)