|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
(b) Union League.
2. Black support fed on the ideologies and customers with _______________.
(b) Black communities.
3. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(c) Just as.
(d) Willing and.
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(c) Voting rights.
(d) Free time.
5. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
(c) Jail time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
4. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
5. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)