|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
(a) Legal ramifcations.
2. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
3. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
4. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Be free.
(b) Get married.
(d) Own land.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
2. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
3. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
4. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
5. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)