|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
2. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(d) Young boys.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(d) Registering to vote.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Sexual favors.
(c) Ritual gifting.
(d) Good behavior.
5. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(b) Black Panthers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)