|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(a) Willing and.
(b) Just as.
3. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
4. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
5. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
2. What is NOT one of the places where blacks considered emigrating?
3. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
4. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
5. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)