|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(c) The KKK.
2. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
3. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
(d) With guns.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
5. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(c) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
2. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
5. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)