|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
2. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Patrol System.
(c) Confederate Government.
(d) Slave gangs.
3. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
(a) Town halls.
4. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
(a) Landowner's associations.
(c) Confederate Army.
5. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
2. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
3. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
4. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)