|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) All whites.
(c) Slave holders.
2. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Be free.
(d) Own land.
3. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
(c) Town halls.
4. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
5. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(c) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
2. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
3. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
4. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)