|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) All whites.
(d) Slave holders.
4. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
5. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
2. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
3. Emigration won support from the educated, ________ free men of color in the North during antebellum.
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)