|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
2. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
(c) At all.
(d) For whites.
3. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Black candidates.
(b) White candidates.
(c) Voting in elections.
(d) Land owership by blacks.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
2. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
5. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)