|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(a) Pieces of land.
2. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
(c) Town halls.
3. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
4. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(b) KKK members.
(d) Congress men.
5. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Emigration sentiment seemed to be most powerful in areas where freed people labored on ____________.
2. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
3. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
4. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
5. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)