|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(c) South Carolina.
2. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
3. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Jefferson Davis.
(d) Robert E. Lee.
4. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
5. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frederick Douglass argued that emigration amounted to _____________ of other blacks.
2. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
3. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
4. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
5. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)