|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
(a) Get good grades.
(b) Do battle.
(d) Debate with others.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(a) Pieces of land.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(a) Was not measured.
(d) Stayed the same.
4. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
2. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
3. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)