|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Free time.
(d) Voting rights.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(c) Civil War.
5. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Voting in elections.
(b) Land owership by blacks.
(c) Black candidates.
(d) White candidates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
2. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
4. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
5. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)