|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
3. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Free time.
(c) Voting rights.
4. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Robert E. Lee.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
5. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
2. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
3. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
4. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
5. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)