|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(c) Slave owner.
2. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
3. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
(a) Debate with others.
(b) Get good grades.
(c) Do battle.
4. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(c) North Carolina.
5. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
2. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
3. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
4. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
5. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)