|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
3. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
(a) Confederate Army.
(b) Landowner's associations.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. In places where the Republican interest was strong, ___________ interest was less than in other areas.
2. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
3. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
4. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
5. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)