|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Selling handmade crafts.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
2. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
5. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(d) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
5. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)