|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
2. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
(b) Freed people.
(c) Young men.
3. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
(a) Each other.
(b) People in power.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Freed men.
4. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(c) Voting laws.
5. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(b) African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
2. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
5. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)