|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(a) Voting laws.
3. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Bounty hunter.
(b) Fugitive slave.
(c) Freed slave.
(d) Slave punishment.
4. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Davis Bend.
(c) Black Bend.
(d) Jefferson Village.
5. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
(d) Polling practices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
2. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
3. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
4. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
5. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)