|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) White man.
(d) Voting system.
2. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
3. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(d) Black Panthers.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(c) Young boys.
5. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
2. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
3. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
4. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
5. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)