|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
2. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
3. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
4. Some black leaders, while sympathetic, were hesitant to support and to endorse ___________.
(c) Landowner law changes.
5. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(b) Union soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
3. African Americans realized that any successes they might find would depend on their ability to _____________.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
5. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)