|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(b) Congress men.
(d) KKK members.
3. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
4. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
5. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
4. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
5. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)