|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Voting system.
(b) White man.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Democratic Party.
2. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Black Bend.
(c) Davis Bend.
(d) Jefferson Village.
5. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
5. African American _____________ also made emigration difficult.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)