|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
2. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
(b) Freed men.
(c) Uninformed men.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Black Bend.
(b) Mount Davis.
(c) Jefferson Village.
(d) Davis Bend.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
4. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
5. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)