|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lines of authority tended to flow from the _______ heads of household.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Big House.
(c) Confederate Army.
(d) Democratic Party.
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
3. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
4. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)