|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
2. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(b) Young boys.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(c) Civil War.
4. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(a) Congress men.
(d) KKK members.
5. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)