|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 7 The Education of Henry Adams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(c) Dispute resolution.
2. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(d) Registering to vote.
3. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
4. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
5. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Robert E. Lee.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
3. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
4. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
5. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)