|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(d) Pieces of land.
3. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
4. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
(a) Farming communities.
(c) Board rooms.
5. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
2. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
3. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
4. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
5. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)