|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Good behavior.
(b) Sexual favors.
(c) Ritual gifting.
2. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(a) Registering to vote.
3. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
2. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
3. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
4. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
5. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)