|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
2. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
(b) Freed people.
(c) Young men.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
4. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
5. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)