|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
(a) Women and children.
(b) Freed men.
(c) Each other.
(d) People in power.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(b) Voting rules.
(c) White groups.
3. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(b) Dispute resolution.
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(a) Free time.
(c) Voting rights.
5. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
5. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)