|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Slave punishment.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(c) Freed slave.
(d) Fugitive slave.
2. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
3. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
4. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) Voting rules.
(d) White groups.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
2. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
3. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)