|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
2. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
3. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
4. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) West Coast.
(b) Rural South.
(c) East Coast.
(d) Urban North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
2. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
4. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
5. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)