|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(c) Voting laws.
3. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
4. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Big House.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Confederate Army.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
4. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
5. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)