|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(b) Pieces of land.
2. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
(b) Freed people.
(c) Young men.
3. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Be free.
(b) Own land.
(d) Get married.
4. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
5. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(a) Union League.
(b) National Civil Liberties Union.
(c) Suffragists United.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
2. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
3. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
5. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)