|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(b) Land ownership.
4. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Good behavior.
(b) Ritual gifting.
(d) Sexual favors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
3. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
4. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
5. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)