|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
2. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(b) A black man.
(c) No one.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(a) Registering to vote.
4. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) Slave holders.
(b) All whites.
5. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
2. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
3. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)