|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
2. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
3. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
(b) The draft.
(d) Social sites.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)