|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
2. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(b) Stayed the same.
(c) Was not measured.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Confederate Army.
(b) Big House.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Republican Party.
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Raising livestock.
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
3. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
4. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
5. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)