|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(b) Church leaders.
(c) Slave owners.
(d) Freed people.
2. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(c) Union soldiers.
3. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
(b) Board rooms.
(c) Farming communities.
4. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Raising livestock.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
5. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(a) Time periods.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
4. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)