|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
2. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(b) Political movement.
3. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
(c) Civil War.
(d) Abolition Movement.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Selling handmade crafts.
(c) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(d) Raising livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
2. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)