|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Bounty hunter.
(b) Fugitive slave.
(c) Slave punishment.
(d) Freed slave.
2. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(a) Land ownership.
3. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Jefferson Davis.
(c) Robert E. Lee.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
4. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(a) Registering to vote.
5. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(b) Union League.
(c) National Civil Liberties Union.
(d) Suffragists United.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)