|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(c) Free time.
(d) Voting rights.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(a) Pieces of land.
3. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(a) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
2. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
3. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)