|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Big House.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Confederate Army.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(a) Civil War.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) White and black regiment.
(b) Union spy team.
(c) Confederate dissolution.
(d) Black regiment.
5. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
(b) The draft.
(c) Social sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
2. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
3. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
4. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
5. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)