|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Sexual favors.
(b) Good behavior.
(d) Ritual gifting.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Voting rights.
(d) Free time.
5. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The women.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
2. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
3. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)