|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Black regiment.
(b) Union spy team.
(c) Confederate dissolution.
(d) White and black regiment.
4. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
5. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
2. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
3. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
4. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
5. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)