|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(b) Black Panthers.
2. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(a) Slave owner.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Raising livestock.
4. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
5. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
3. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
4. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
5. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)