|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
2. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
3. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
4. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Davis Bend.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Mount Davis.
(d) Black Bend.
5. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
2. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)