|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
2. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Freed people.
(c) Slave owners.
(d) Church leaders.
3. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(a) Suffragists United.
(b) Union League.
(c) National Civil Liberties Union.
4. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
5. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(a) Willing and.
(d) Just as.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
2. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
3. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
4. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
5. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)