|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(c) Black Panthers.
2. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
3. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
4. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Freed slave.
(c) Bounty hunter.
(d) Slave punishment.
5. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
2. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
3. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
4. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
5. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)