|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 4 Reconstructing the Body Politic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(c) Dispute resolution.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
4. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
5. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
3. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)