|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Own land.
(b) Get married.
(c) Be free.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
2. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
3. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
5. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)