|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(c) Dispute resolution.
2. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(c) Work gangs.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(b) Was not measured.
(c) Stayed the same.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Own land.
(c) Be free.
5. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(c) Law changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
4. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
5. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)