|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Urban North.
(b) Rural South.
(c) East Coast.
(d) West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
4. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)