|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
2. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Democratic Party.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Confederate Army.
(d) Big House.
4. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)