|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
3. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(c) Pieces of land.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
2. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
3. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
4. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
5. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)