|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(d) Pieces of land.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(a) Willing and.
(b) Just as.
4. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
5. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
2. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
4. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
5. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)