|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(a) Free time.
(b) Voting rights.
3. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
4. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
5. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(a) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
4. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
5. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)