|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(a) Voting rights.
(b) Free time.
2. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(a) Burned down.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Democratic Party.
(b) Confederate Army.
(c) Big House.
(d) Republican Party.
4. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(a) Land ownership.
5. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
2. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
3. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
4. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
5. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)