|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Own land.
(b) Be free.
(d) Get married.
3. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
4. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(b) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Raising livestock.
5. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
2. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
4. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
5. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)