|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
2. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
3. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
4. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
5. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
2. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
3. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)