|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) All whites.
(c) Slave holders.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(a) North Carolina.
4. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Urban North.
(b) East Coast.
(c) West Coast.
(d) Rural South.
Short Answer Questions
1. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
4. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
5. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)