|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
2. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
3. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Black regiment.
(b) Confederate dissolution.
(c) Union spy team.
(d) White and black regiment.
5. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)