|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(c) Freed slave.
(d) Slave punishment.
3. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
4. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
3. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)