|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(c) North Carolina.
2. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
3. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(a) Young boys.
5. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
4. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
5. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)