|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(b) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Raising livestock.
2. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
3. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
4. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
5. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
2. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
3. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
5. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)