|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Freed people.
(c) Church leaders.
(d) Slave owners.
2. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
3. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
4. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
5. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Black Bend.
(d) Davis Bend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
2. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
4. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)