|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(d) African Americans.
2. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(a) Land ownership.
3. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
4. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) White groups.
(b) Voting rules.
5. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)