|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
2. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
3. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Slave owners.
(b) Church leaders.
(c) Freed people.
4. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
5. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(a) Time periods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
2. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
3. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)