|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(b) Voting rules.
(c) White groups.
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
4. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
2. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
3. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
4. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
5. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)