|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
2. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(b) Good behavior.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Ritual gifting.
4. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
5. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(a) Young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
4. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)