|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
2. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
3. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
4. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
5. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
3. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)