|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
(c) In power.
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
4. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
5. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)