|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(a) No one.
(d) A black man.
2. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(a) Free time.
(b) Voting rights.
3. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The owners.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The women.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Rural South.
(b) Urban North.
(c) East Coast.
(d) West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
3. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
4. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)