|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Black Bend.
(d) Davis Bend.
2. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
3. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(c) Time periods.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
3. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
4. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
5. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)