|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
2. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(a) Take orders.
(b) Read or write.
(d) Shoot a gun.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
2. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
4. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
5. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)