|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Raising livestock.
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
2. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Black Bend.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Mount Davis.
(d) Davis Bend.
3. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
4. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) Voting rules.
(b) White groups.
5. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
2. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
3. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
4. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
5. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)