|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(b) Voting rules.
(d) White groups.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Freed slave.
(c) Bounty hunter.
(d) Slave punishment.
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The slaves.
(b) The women.
(c) The owners.
(d) The children.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
2. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
3. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
4. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
5. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)