|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
2. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(a) Young boys.
3. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(a) Shoot a gun.
(b) Read or write.
(d) Take orders.
5. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
2. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
3. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
4. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)