|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
2. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Raising livestock.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) East Coast.
(b) Rural South.
(c) Urban North.
(d) West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
2. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
3. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
4. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)