|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(d) Dispute resolution.
2. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Voting rights.
(c) Free time.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(c) Just as.
(d) Willing and.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
2. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
4. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
5. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)