|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
2. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) All whites.
(d) Slave holders.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(c) Civil War.
4. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
5. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(b) No one.
(d) A black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)