|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
2. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
3. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(d) Political movement.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) All whites.
(d) Slave holders.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
2. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
4. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
5. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)