|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(b) Dispute resolution.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) Voting rules.
(b) White groups.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(c) Stayed the same.
(d) Was not measured.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(a) Shoot a gun.
(b) Read or write.
(c) Take orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
2. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
3. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)