|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The owners.
(c) The women.
(d) The slaves.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
4. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
3. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
4. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
5. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)