|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
3. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(c) Voting laws.
4. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
5. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
2. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)