|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
2. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(b) Voting rules.
(d) White groups.
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)