|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Raising livestock.
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
5. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The women.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
2. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
4. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
5. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)