|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(b) Ritual gifting.
(c) Good behavior.
(d) Sexual favors.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(b) Just as.
(c) Willing and.
5. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
2. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
3. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)