|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The women.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The owners.
(d) The children.
3. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(c) Take orders.
(d) Read or write.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Good behavior.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Ritual gifting.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Own land.
(d) Be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
2. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
3. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)