|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Selling handmade crafts.
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(d) Raising livestock.
2. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
4. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(a) Civil War.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(b) Voting rules.
(c) White groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
4. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
5. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)