|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(c) Civil War.
2. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
3. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(b) Own land.
(c) Be free.
(d) Get married.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
4. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
5. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)