|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2 The Choked Voices of a Race at Last Unloosed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(d) African Americans.
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
2. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
5. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)