|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(a) No one.
(d) A black man.
3. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
3. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)