|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(a) Political movement.
2. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
3. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
4. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(c) Civil War.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Raising livestock.
(c) Selling handmade crafts.
(d) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
3. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
4. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
5. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)