|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(c) Work gangs.
2. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
3. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Rural South.
(b) East Coast.
(c) West Coast.
(d) Urban North.
4. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
5. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
2. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)