|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(a) Burned down.
4. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
5. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
3. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)