|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
2. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(a) Dispute resolution.
3. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(a) African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
2. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)