|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
2. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
3. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(b) No one.
(d) A black man.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
4. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
5. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)