|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(c) Voting laws.
2. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Raising livestock.
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
4. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
5. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
2. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)