|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(a) Political movement.
2. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Selling handmade crafts.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(b) African Americans.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
2. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
3. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)