|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(c) African Americans.
2. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
3. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
4. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
5. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(b) Voting laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
4. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)