|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(c) African Americans.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Confederate Army.
(b) Big House.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Republican Party.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Get married.
(b) Own land.
(c) Be free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
2. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
3. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
4. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)