|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Good behavior.
(b) Ritual gifting.
(d) Sexual favors.
3. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(d) Political movement.
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(d) Pieces of land.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
3. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
4. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
5. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)