|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Urban North.
(b) East Coast.
(c) West Coast.
(d) Rural South.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(d) Pieces of land.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(d) Time periods.
5. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
2. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
3. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)