|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
2. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(c) African Americans.
3. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
4. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Raising livestock.
(c) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
5. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
(d) Political movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
3. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)