|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(a) A black man.
(d) No one.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(a) Voting laws.
3. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
4. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
5. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
Short Answer Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
2. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
3. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
4. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
5. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)