|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(b) Voting laws.
2. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
3. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
4. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(b) Be free.
(c) Get married.
(d) Own land.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
2. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
4. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
5. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)