|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
2. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
3. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(a) Time periods.
4. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
2. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)