|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
2. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) Urban North.
(b) East Coast.
(c) West Coast.
(d) Rural South.
3. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Own land.
(c) Be free.
(d) Get married.
5. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
3. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
4. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)