|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
2. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(d) Burned down.
4. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
5. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
3. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
4. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
5. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)