|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
(a) West Coast.
(b) Urban North.
(c) East Coast.
(d) Rural South.
2. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(c) A black man.
(d) No one.
3. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
4. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(b) Good behavior.
(d) Sexual favors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
3. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
4. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
5. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)