|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(c) Voting laws.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Good behavior.
(b) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(c) Pieces of land.
5. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
Short Answer Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)