|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(b) Time periods.
2. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
3. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Sexual favors.
(c) Ritual gifting.
(d) Good behavior.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
2. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)