|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 1 Of Chains and Threads.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(b) Civil War.
2. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(a) Time periods.
3. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(b) Sexual favors.
(c) Good behavior.
(d) Ritual gifting.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
2. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
3. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
4. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
5. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)