|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
2. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(d) Slave owner.
3. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(d) Voting laws.
4. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
5. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
2. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
3. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
4. Many areas of the world suffered a/an ___________ in the 1870s and again in the 1890s.
5. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)