|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(d) Land ownership.
2. Many new agricultural groups claimed to stand for the interests of small farmers and drew on the political legacies of ____________.
3. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(a) Free time.
(b) Voting rights.
4. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
5. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
2. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
3. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)