|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(b) Legal action.
2. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
(a) Bake sales.
(c) Militia training.
(d) Secret meetings.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Confederate Army.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Big House.
4. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
5. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
Short Answer Questions
1. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
2. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
3. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)