|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(c) Stayed the same.
(d) Was not measured.
2. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(d) The KKK.
3. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
(d) Political party.
4. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
5. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
(a) Voting system.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) White man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
2. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
5. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)