|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
2. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
3. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
4. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
5. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
2. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
3. The _________, which sought skilled and unskilled laborers of all parties, races, and sexes, expanded from larger cities into the rural South.
4. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
5. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)