|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(a) Work gangs.
4. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
5. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black support fed on the ideologies and customers with _______________.
2. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
3. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
5. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)