|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
2. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(c) Union League.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
5. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
2. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
3. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
4. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
5. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)