|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
2. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
3. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
4. Although emigrations did emanate from a powerful __________-based impulse, it reveals divisions and power relations.
(c) Political party.
5. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
Short Answer Questions
1. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
2. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
3. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
4. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)