|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emigration sentiment seemed to be most powerful in areas where freed people labored on ____________.
(a) Political campaigns.
(b) KKK retaliation.
(d) Voting booths.
2. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
3. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
4. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
(a) With guns.
5. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ advanced the cause by informing individuals about the movement and allowing them a space to discuss it.
2. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
3. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
4. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
5. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)