|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
(d) KKK battle tactics.
2. Emigration sentiment seemed to be most powerful in areas where freed people labored on ____________.
(a) KKK retaliation.
(b) Voting booths.
(d) Political campaigns.
3. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(c) South Carolina.
4. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
5. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
3. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
4. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
5. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)