|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Black Bend.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Davis Bend.
(d) Mount Davis.
2. Lynchings were rare in areas where a community had been created and where there was some local __________.
(c) White authority.
(d) Voting law.
3. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
(a) Union League.
(b) Black community.
(c) Democratic Party.
4. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
5. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
(a) Board rooms.
(d) Farming communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
3. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
4. ___________ black communities viewed emigration as one of several strategies that could create freed and stable communities.
5. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)