|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
2. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(d) Civil War.
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(c) Pieces of land.
5. "________ supremacy was no longer just a rallying cry, a goal, a discourse, or a description of relations."
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
2. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
3. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
4. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
5. Disappointment with the __________ increased the interest in emigration of African Americans.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)