|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
(b) Slave owner.
2. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
3. Many new agricultural groups claimed to stand for the interests of small farmers and drew on the political legacies of ____________.
4. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
(c) Polling practices.
5. Black misgivings were often confirmed at a local level, where some Populists resorted to ____________.
(a) Legal action.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
2. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
3. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
4. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
5. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)