|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(d) Union League.
2. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Slave owners.
(b) Freed people.
(d) Church leaders.
3. It appears that little of the interest in emigration spread to _________ areas.
4. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
5. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
(a) People in power.
(b) Freed men.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
2. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
3. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
5. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)