|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
2. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
(b) Bake sales.
(c) Secret meetings.
(d) Militia training.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(c) Civil War.
4. Lynchings were rare in areas where a community had been created and where there was some local __________.
(a) White authority.
(d) Voting law.
5. Local landowners used intimidation, paramilitary violence and threatened steamboat captains with _________ if they took black passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the _______ level, blacks could hope for a significant share of county and parish offices.
2. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
3. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
4. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
5. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)