|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Newspapers, handbills, and pamphlets played a prominent role in disseminating information about emigration to ________ blacks.
2. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(b) North Carolina.
3. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
4. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(a) Work gangs.
5. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
(d) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
2. The American _________ Society, a white dominated group, settled about 11,000 African Americans in Liberia by the time of the Civil War.
3. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
4. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
5. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)