|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
2. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
3. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
4. The Kansas _________ movement developed where emigration sentiment had already been sparked.
5. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
2. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
3. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
4. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
5. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)