|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
2. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
3. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
4. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
5. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)