|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
2. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
3. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Black Bend.
(d) Davis Bend.
4. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
5. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
2. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
3. Many areas of the world suffered a/an ___________ in the 1870s and again in the 1890s.
4. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
5. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)