|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
2. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
(a) For whites.
(c) At all.
3. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(c) Black Panthers.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(a) Shoot a gun.
(c) Take orders.
(d) Read or write.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
2. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
3. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
4. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
5. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)