|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 9 The Valley and the Shadows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black support fed on the ideologies and customers with _______________.
(c) Black communities.
2. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
3. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Voting in elections.
(b) Black candidates.
(c) White candidates.
(d) Land owership by blacks.
4. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
5. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(a) The KKK.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
2. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
3. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
4. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
5. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)