|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(a) Burned down.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(a) White groups.
(c) Voting rules.
3. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
4. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
2. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
5. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)