|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
2. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
3. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
2. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
3. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
4. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)