|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(b) Burned down.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Confederate Army.
(c) Big House.
(d) Democratic Party.
3. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(d) Young boys.
4. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(c) North Carolina.
5. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
2. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
3. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)