|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
2. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Davis Bend.
(d) Black Bend.
3. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(c) Union soldiers.
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
2. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)