|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
2. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) White and black regiment.
(b) Confederate dissolution.
(c) Black regiment.
(d) Union spy team.
4. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
5. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
2. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
3. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
4. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
5. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)