|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
(b) Abolition Movement.
(c) Civil War.
2. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(c) Work gangs.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(b) Young boys.
5. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
Short Answer Questions
1. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. This is a book about the inspiring and the dispiriting history of American ____________.
4. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
5. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)