|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
2. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(a) North Carolina.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Big House.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Confederate Army.
5. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
2. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
3. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
4. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
5. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)