|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The owners.
(c) The women.
(d) The slaves.
3. Solidarities were created by the political _______________ of African Americans.
4. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
5. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Freed slave.
(c) Bounty hunter.
(d) Slave punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
2. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
3. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
5. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)