|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The majority of ______________ lived in the rural South during this particular time period of the book.
(c) African Americans.
2. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
3. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(a) Land ownership.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
3. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)