|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(c) Stayed the same.
(d) Was not measured.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(b) Willing and.
(c) Just as.
3. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
2. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
3. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
4. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
5. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)