|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Big House.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Democratic Party.
(d) Confederate Army.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The slaves.
(b) The children.
(c) The women.
(d) The owners.
5. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
(d) Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. Hahn sees his book as encompassing collective struggled for social and meaningful ____________.
5. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)