|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(a) Voting laws.
3. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(b) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
3. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
4. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
5. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)