|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
2. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
3. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
4. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
5. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
(b) Free time.
(c) Voting rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
2. African Americans exposed the complex and contradictory relationship between labor and _____________.
3. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
4. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
5. This book is about how African Americans became involved in a(n) ____________ struggle.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)