|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
2. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
3. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)