|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The slaves.
(b) The women.
(c) The owners.
(d) The children.
2. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
(b) Time periods.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
5. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. When African Americans were slaves or freed people, the overwhelming majority of them were _____________.
2. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
3. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
4. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
5. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)