|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(b) Union soldiers.
2. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
(a) Cultivating subsistence and market garden plots.
(c) Raising livestock.
(d) Selling handmade crafts.
3. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(b) Church leaders.
(c) Slave owners.
(d) Freed people.
4. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(a) Work gangs.
5. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Fugitive slave.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(c) Slave punishment.
(d) Freed slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
3. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
4. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
5. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)