|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(c) Law changes.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. The time period of the book is a time when African American men won and lost the right to __________.
(a) Own land.
(b) Be free.
(d) Get married.
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(d) Pieces of land.
5. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
2. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
3. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)