|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
2. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
3. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Black regiment.
(b) Union spy team.
(c) White and black regiment.
(d) Confederate dissolution.
5. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn discovered there were more examples of resistance and political struggle across the South in the wake of the _____________.
2. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
3. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)