|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
2. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
3. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
4. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
(a) Pieces of land.
5. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
2. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
4. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
5. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)