|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Slave owners.
(c) Freed people.
(d) Church leaders.
2. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
3. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
4. Hahn became interested in the history of African American struggles when he came across an account of African American __________ resistance.
5. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
2. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
3. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
4. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
5. In what area of the country does Hahn focus the contents of this book he has compiled?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)