|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(b) All whites.
(c) Slave holders.
2. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(a) Burned down.
3. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(c) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
4. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Slave owners.
(b) Church leaders.
(d) Freed people.
5. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The owners.
(c) The women.
(d) The slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
2. Any action undertaken by African Americans needed to be taken as a ______________ so as to avoid punishment.
3. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
4. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
5. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)