|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
2. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
3. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
(b) Voting laws.
4. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
(c) Burned down.
5. Hahn learned that in ________, Mississippi, freedmen and women were driving their employers to distraction in 1868.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
2. Slaveholders tolerated some economic activities from slaves. Which of these is NOT one of the tolerated activities?
3. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
4. Hahn argues that smaller __________ do not allow us to see how the developments of one era shaped those of the next.
5. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)