|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. Hahn is mindful of overemphasizing the number of _________ which formed during these periods of time.
(b) Voting rules.
(d) White groups.
3. Hahn notes there is a lot of information about African American ______ during this time period, but not a lot on politics.
4. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(b) Dispute resolution.
5. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Confederate Army.
(b) Democratic Party.
(c) Big House.
(d) Republican Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
2. What is NOT one of the things which Hahn sees as being embraced after the struggles were defeated and the goals rejected?
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)