|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
(b) The draft.
(c) Social sites.
2. This is a book about ___________ people who did extraordinary things under the most difficult of circumstances, writes Hahn.
3. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
4. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Black Bend.
(d) Davis Bend.
5. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
2. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
3. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
4. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
5. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)