|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3 Of Rumors and Revelations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
(d) In power.
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
5. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(d) Dispute resolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
2. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
3. Hahn argues that African Americans contributed to the formation of a new ___________ nation.
4. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
5. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)