|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Confederate Army.
(b) Big House.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Democratic Party.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
4. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
5. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(d) Black Panthers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
2. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
3. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
4. The rural South was a luminal political world after the __________ ended.
5. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)