|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Confederate Government.
(b) Slave gangs.
(c) Patrol System.
(d) Republican Party.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Democratic Party.
(b) Big House.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Confederate Army.
3. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(d) North Carolina.
4. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
5. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
2. Some slaveholders began offering their slaves small ___________ in order to keep them on the plantations.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
4. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
5. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)