|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Davis Bend.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Mount Davis.
(d) Black Bend.
4. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
(d) Slave owner.
5. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(a) KKK members.
(b) Congress men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
2. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
3. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
5. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)