|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
2. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(d) Black Panthers.
3. Freed people played important roles in the early quests for land _______________.
4. Freed men responded by ___________________ in large numbers and aligning themselves with the Republican Party.
(d) Registering to vote.
5. Many Klans believed that teaching school was a front for _____________ objectives.
(b) African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
2. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
5. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)