|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
(b) Drinking fountains.
(c) Grocery stores.
4. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
5. The Union League was formed to rally public support for ________ and the war effort.
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Jefferson Davis.
(c) Robert E. Lee.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
2. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
3. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
4. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
5. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)