|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
(b) Land ownership.
2. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
3. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(b) Congress men.
(d) KKK members.
4. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
5. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
2. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
3. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
4. David Medlock was an African American leader in the state of _____________.
5. Those leading the new black political movement were mostly men who had been ________ before the war.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)