|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Reconstruction Klan seems to many African Americans to be a new form of the old ____________.
(a) Slave gangs.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Patrol System.
(d) Confederate Government.
2. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
3. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
(d) Union soldiers.
4. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
5. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
Short Answer Questions
1. By drilling, marching, and posting sentinels, ___________ reminded each other of the risks they faced while offering protection.
2. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
3. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
4. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
5. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)