|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(b) Suffragists United.
(c) National Civil Liberties Union.
(d) Union League.
2. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
(b) Confederate Army.
(d) Landowner's associations.
3. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
4. The __________ process helped to illuminate who the leaders were within black communities.
5. It should be noted that Klansmen did not ride without fear of _________ or of meeting resistance.
(c) Legal ramifcations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
2. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
3. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
4. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
5. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)