|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
2. Some slaves were convinced that because of the presumed election results, that ___________ was imminent.
3. Mobility, craft skills, and literacy were all crucial components in the creation of political __________.
4. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
5. The Union League tried to mobilize newly enfranchised _______ and protect them through secrecy and armed self-defense.
(c) KKK members.
(d) Congress men.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
3. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
4. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
5. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)