|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The KKK could be seen as a __________ movement to continue the battle or avenge the consequences of surrender during the Civil War.
2. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Freed slave.
(b) Slave punishment.
(c) Fugitive slave.
(d) Bounty hunter.
3. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
4. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
5. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(d) Young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
2. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
3. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
4. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
5. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)