|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
(a) KKK battle tactics.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The women.
(d) The owners.
3. The ____________ Freedman's Convention may have been the most visible organization of this time.
(a) North Carolina.
4. Black ___________ did less field labor after emancipation than they did under slavery.
5. By the summer of 1867, complaints about the armed ____________ of freed people grew in volume and scope.
(c) Black Panthers.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
2. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
3. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
4. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
5. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)