|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The owners.
(b) The children.
(c) The women.
(d) The slaves.
2. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
3. School houses were where African Americans learned about __________, their enfranchisement, and the importance of voting.
(c) KKK battle tactics.
4. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
5. Due to the increase in slave ___________, a structure of kinship relationships and practices developed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The League depended on a wider base of mobilization and involvement than ____________.
2. More than a few reputed leaders argued that the KKK was a _____________ response to the Union League.
3. The KKK was build on enforcing racial ________ and submission and on legacies of military defeat.
4. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
5. The delegates who gathered in state __________ that year were composed of both black and white men.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)