|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
2. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
3. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
(c) Slave owner.
4. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
5. Many of the early organizations founded by freed people were also bound together by ____________.
(d) Slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
2. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
3. Those slaves who remained in the south began to take over their master's "____________" plantations.
4. Freed blacks marched past the homes of former prominent ___________ officials and through public squares.
5. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)