|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
(b) No one.
(d) A black man.
2. In the rural South, instead of petitions and calls for equality, mutually reinforcing _________ spread about either the federal government's future or insurrections.
3. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(d) Work gangs.
4. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
5. Federal measures which voided the black ___________ and disbanded provisional militias drove the use of organized force underground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
2. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
3. The Klan was controlled by white rural bosses and ___________ governments.
4. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
5. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)