|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Church leaders.
(b) Freed people.
(c) Slave owners.
2. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
3. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(c) Young boys.
4. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(a) Just as.
(b) Willing and.
5. Mass meetings and small gatherings proclaimed a new black __________ presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost 150,000 African Americans ended up fighting for the which army during the Civil War?
2. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
3. Congress gave the federal government the ability to restructure the ______________ states.
4. The young white men who were attracted to the KKK were once members of the _______________.
5. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)