|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
2. Southern slaveholders tried to encourage and organize communities centered on the ____________.
(a) Big House.
(b) Confederate Army.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Democratic Party.
3. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
4. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
5. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Black Bend.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Davis Bend.
(d) Mount Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freedmen also resisted the threats of white _________, marched to the polls, and helped write new state constitutions.
2. About one in ________ slaves lived in the upper or border South, where the hiring of free people of color was not uncommon.
3. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
4. What is NOT one of the types of plantations on which the slaves in the south used to work?
5. The Klan also attacked local black __________ and school houses.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)