|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The women.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The owners.
(d) The children.
3. Rural freed people did not need outsiders to nurture their desire for the _________ they had been cultivating.
4. Almost universally, freed people believed that some __________ for the trials of slavery should occur.
(d) Law changes.
5. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(c) Stayed the same.
(d) Was not measured.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July __________, millions of freed people claimed access to public space previously denied to them.
2. Some called for a nation based on a concept of _______________ that was based on birth and loyalty, servitude, or other particularities.
3. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
4. Even before the presidential election took place, rumors were circulating that ___________ had won.
5. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)