|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. Slaves working within kin groups or ______ did not escape punishment, but were better able to maintain and secure the gains they did make.
(d) Work gangs.
3. The Friends of Universal ________ in Louisiana sought more radical reforms during this time.
4. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
(a) Social sites.
(c) The draft.
5. African Americans understood that ____________ in the United States was build on violence and repression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black ____________ also helped spread information and visions of the new nations as they made their way through the South.
2. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
3. Slave congregations pulsed not only with ____________, but also with collective deliberation.
4. The newly freed blacks began to protest ___________ treatment during this time.
5. "Black ________" effectively gave a separate legal and social status to blacks during this time.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)