|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An aspect that has often been overlooked in the literature on slavery is ____________ between slaves.
(d) Dispute resolution.
2. Some ___________ began pooling their resources in hopes of buying or leasing land that had been confiscated.
(a) Slave owners.
(c) Church leaders.
(d) Freed people.
3. Military district commanders worked to educate and protect ______________, who did not understand the process or feared consequences.
(a) Each other.
(b) Freed men.
(c) People in power.
(d) Women and children.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(c) Read or write.
(d) Take orders.
5. _________ was another way that slaves earned goods and money and increased their leverage.
(a) Ritual gifting.
(b) Sexual favors.
(d) Good behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plantation ________, who wielded the most power within the community, tended to be male.
2. The ________ attacked and murdered local leaders and organizers, intimidated party supporters, and tried to force out objectionable office holders.
3. The rumors were able to spread because thousands of slaves were drawn to ____________ during the war.
4. The KKK complained that freed slaves were organizing and were accumulating arms, holding ____________, and threatening mobilizations.
5. Bands of whites rode through the countryside disarming freed people and making plans to call out the ___________ to deal with the blacks.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)