|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6 Of Paramilitary Politics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though many black men won seats of power, many eligible ________ voters refused to participate in elections.
2. The importance of leaders within the black community was apparent at the freed man's __________ throughout the South.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) White and black regiment.
(b) Union spy team.
(c) Black regiment.
(d) Confederate dissolution.
4. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The children.
(b) The women.
(c) The owners.
(d) The slaves.
5. What organization developed out of a network of organizations formed in the North during the Civil War?
(a) National Civil Liberties Union.
(b) Union League.
(c) Suffragists United.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black nuclear families of the time were family-based work ___________.
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. Slaves in the South began to gain ________ for themselves as well as looser standards.
4. The __________had variations in leadership, rituals, goals, and activities that make it impossible to define a typical experience.
5. Leaders from the South joined with the __________ blacks to create a new political nation.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)