|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(a) Stayed the same.
(b) Was not measured.
2. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
3. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Jefferson Village.
(b) Black Bend.
(c) Davis Bend.
(d) Mount Davis.
4. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
5. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
Short Answer Questions
1. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
2. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
3. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)