|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
(a) Was not measured.
(c) Stayed the same.
2. On the _______ level, blacks could hope for a significant share of county and parish offices.
3. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
4. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
5. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
2. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
3. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
4. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
5. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)