|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
4. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
5. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
2. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
3. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
4. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
5. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)