|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(a) The KKK.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
(a) Sports teams.
(b) Slave unions.
(c) Religious organizations.
(d) Bank owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
2. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
3. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
4. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
5. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)