|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
2. As the __________ government organized, opportunities increased for slaves to become better acquainted with each other and political events.
3. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
4. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
5. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Slave punishment.
(b) Bounty hunter.
(c) Fugitive slave.
(d) Freed slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. The community support necessary for both black voting and black officeholders found its institutional anchors in black ____________.
2. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
3. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
4. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
5. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)