|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) All whites.
(b) Slave holders.
2. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
3. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(d) South Carolina.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(b) Read or write.
(c) Shoot a gun.
(d) Take orders.
5. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
2. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
3. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)