|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
(a) Poll taxes.
(b) Transportation costs.
2. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) Slave holders.
(c) All whites.
4. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
5. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
3. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
4. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
5. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)