|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
(d) Union League.
2. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
3. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
(b) Young boys.
5. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
(a) Mount Davis.
(b) Jefferson Village.
(c) Davis Bend.
(d) Black Bend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
2. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
3. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)