|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
4. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
5. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
4. __________ efforts generally offers African Americans a greater chance of holding office and holding some sort of political power.
5. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)