|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
(a) With guns.
2. General Benjamin F. Butler declared slaves ______________ of war and put them to work.
3. Congress voted for a stronger ________ law in order to help slave owners hold onto their slaves.
(a) Bounty hunter.
(b) Slave punishment.
(c) Fugitive slave.
(d) Freed slave.
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
2. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
3. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
4. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
5. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)