|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
2. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
3. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
(b) At all.
(c) For whites.
4. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
5. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
4. As the Union Army moved further into the South, the volume of slave fugitives ___________.
5. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)