|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
(a) Polling practices.
2. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
3. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Union spy team.
(b) White and black regiment.
(c) Confederate dissolution.
(d) Black regiment.
4. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
5. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
Short Answer Questions
1. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
4. When manpower needs raced ahead of recruitment, the army pressed _________ into service.
5. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)