|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
2. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
3. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Land owership by blacks.
(b) Black candidates.
(c) White candidates.
(d) Voting in elections.
4. In many areas, the Republican Party failed to attract enough ________ voters.
5. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
Short Answer Questions
1. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
2. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
3. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
4. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
5. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)