|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
2. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
3. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
4. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(a) The KKK.
5. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
2. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
3. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
4. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
5. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)