|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
2. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
3. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
4. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
5. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
(a) Voting in elections.
(b) White candidates.
(c) Land owership by blacks.
(d) Black candidates.
Short Answer Questions
1. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
2. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
3. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
4. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
5. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)