|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arrangement mentioned in #153 limit? This limited _________ mobilization and organization that had happened during Reconstruction.
2. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
(a) Jail time.
3. _____________ often left illiterate and poorer individuals vulnerable to harassment and disenfranchisement.
(c) Polling practices.
4. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
5. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
2. Wherever they lived, it was important for black voters to travel to polling sites ____________ with as many individuals as possible.
3. The most prominent example of black self-management was at ____________, the plantations owned by President Jefferson Davis.
4. Congress finally moved to prohibit military personnel from ________ slaves to their owners.
5. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)