|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
2. A ____________ Movement developed as an influx of poor Irish Catholics arriving in the United States.
3. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
4. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
5. The wartime military provided a basic political _____________ to fugitive slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
2. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
3. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
4. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
5. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)