|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
2. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
(c) Just as.
(d) Willing and.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. In 1862, the War Department authorized the establishment of a ______________.
(a) Union spy team.
(b) Confederate dissolution.
(c) Black regiment.
(d) White and black regiment.
5. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) Slave holders.
(b) All whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ to protect farms and plantation laborers were sometimes cut down by urban blacks and Mulattoes.
2. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
3. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
4. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
5. The great majority of African Americans in the South remained loyal to the __________ Party.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)