|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One African American became the governor of __________ while 800 blacks served in state legislatures.
(a) South Carolina.
2. On the _______ level, blacks could hope for a significant share of county and parish offices.
3. White ________ were encouraged to seek black votes with appeals and with patronage.
4. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
5. Legislators started off strong, reducing __________ debt, slashing taxes on real estate, chartering labor unions, etc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Blacks looks to local political power as a way to construct a new political __________.
2. When the Republican Party began to attract more white voters, those voters would not support ____________.
3. What kind of winds blew into the United States during the 1850s, according to Hahn's book?
4. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
5. Slave recruits were generally __________ able to lead as the widely lacked skills and experience.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)