|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
2. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The owners.
(b) The women.
(c) The children.
(d) The slaves.
3. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(b) The KKK.
4. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(a) Read or write.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(d) Take orders.
5. Hiram R. Revels was the senator elect from ____________ in 1870.
Short Answer Questions
1. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
2. The Readjusters tried to rally local communities by paying the __________ for a large number eligible voters.
3. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
4. On the _______ level, blacks could hope for a significant share of county and parish offices.
5. In some areas where based of substantial black political activity existed, an arrangement known as ________ occurred.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)