|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(a) Slave holders.
(b) All whites.
2. By the 1870s, a strong black __________ had been established in Virgina and organization efforts were underway.
3. Few slaves knew how to ___________ before they entered the military.
(a) Read or write.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Shoot a gun.
4. When a black man vied for office, it required the mobilization of entire ________________.
5. Slaveholders complained about the sulkiness, demoralization, and insubordination on the part of _____________.
(a) The owners.
(b) The women.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calls for the __________ inclusion of women and northern free blacks were ignored or rejected.
2. Almost without exception, those leaving the ___________ Party had to solicit black votes.
3. "Under the best of circumstances, white _____________ embraced the ideals of civil and political equality."
4. While the incidence of black office holding grew, the party began to grow ____________.
5. Blacks who attempted to or did vote _________________ were met with harsh reprisals and sanctions.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)