|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8 Of Ballots and Biracialism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Republicans never fully gained a large hold in the state of ___________ after the Civil War.
2. Members of the opposition parties would use ___________, intimidation, and violence to induce blacks not to vote.
(d) Jail time.
3. ___________ called for the federal protection of slavery in the western territories.
(c) Slave holders.
(d) All whites.
4. The challenges of ___________, re-energized Republicans, and third parties exposed the divisions of the Democratic Party.
(d) The KKK.
5. In South Carolina, about 55% of the state legislature was filled by ______________, including many blacks.
(b) Uninformed men.
(c) Freed men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slave rebellions started with small scale departures for ___________ lines.
2. It was as enforcers that black __________ may have made their most influential and powerful contributions to developing political communities.
3. The __________ movement was one of the most successful challenges to the Democratic Party rule in the rural South.
4. Effective ___________ had to come from groups like the Union League and the Republican Party.
5. Slaveholders and slaves believed the __________ party was hostile towards slavery.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)