|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, who destroyed human compassion?
2. Which of the following are NOT the natural enemies of mankind, mentioned in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
3. According to Rousseau, what is the savage man of nature focused on?
4. What does Rousseau believe helped man use nature?
5. When does Rousseau believe inequality came?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rousseau believe that Socrates praised ignorance? Use this information provided in your reading, as well as your knowledge of history to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe how Rousseau viewed property rights in relation to humanity and the way humans interacted overall.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Rousseau emphasizes a theme that 'man oppresses man' and how Rousseau feels man does so.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)