|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, what is the natural or physical inequality established by?
2. What leads to sex for man, according to Rousseau?
3. What does nature tell humans?
4. What did some individuals grow rich enough for as a result of inventions?
5. What did the poor become, according to Rousseau?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what an artist's compensation is and how this compensation leads to the artist's dissolution of virtue, according to Rousseau's belief.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe how Rousseau viewed property rights in relation to humanity and the way humans interacted overall.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and explain the affect that human passion has on humanity according to Rousseau in "A Discourse on Inequality".
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)