|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, what do passions allow for the human?
2. What would make property rights equal?
3. Which of the following are NOT the natural enemies of mankind, mentioned in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
4. Where does Rousseau believe speech arose from?
5. How does Rousseau think the gods will react to people forming a more perfect union?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rousseau believe that Socrates praised ignorance? Use this information provided in your reading, as well as your knowledge of history to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Rousseau emphasizes a theme that 'man oppresses man' and how Rousseau feels man does so.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jean-Jacques Rousseau's ideal and preferred type of government to the one that actually exists and how his ideas are ambitious.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)