|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, what is the savage man of nature focused on?
2. According to Rousseau, what was life of man limited to before his interests grew?
3. What do men learn to repress as a result of jealousy, according to Rousseau?
4. According to Rousseau, what is the outcome of man's labor?
5. What is a natural virtue considered to be, according to Rousseau?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the transition away from Europe's barbarism was detrimental to society, according to Rousseau.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze how luxury is a result of development and without development, luxury would not exist, according to Rousseau.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the motif that knowledge is a tragedy in "A Discourse on Inequality" and why Rousseau reasons so.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)