|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grew when the family grew, according to Rousseau?
(b) Paternal affection.
(c) Maternal affection.
2. What cannot be uncovered about nature's inequality, according to Rousseau?
(a) The result.
(b) The reason.
(c) The detriment.
(d) The source.
3. What does Rousseau think humans are called to in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
(a) Perfection and wealth.
(b) Happiness and perfection.
(c) Perfection and stability.
(d) Happiness and wealth.
4. When does Rousseau believe inequality came?
(a) When people desire power.
(b) When democracy was weakest.
(c) When people noticed power.
(d) When democracy was strongest.
5. How many types of inequality does Rousseau see among humans in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say separates the sensation of the savage from simple knowledge?
2. According to Rousseau, what do men have that is difficult to control?
3. What does Rousseau believe man's current state has more of in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
4. According to Rousseau, what was life of man limited to before his interests grew?
5. What does natural inequality produce, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)