|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau want to know about the "strong"?
(a) Why they serve the weak.
(b) Who serves the strong.
(c) Why they do not serve the weak.
(d) How they came to serve the weak.
2. What did men dwell on according to Rousseau in "Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One"?
3. What does Rousseau compare in his illustration in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
(a) The modern woman to the savage man.
(b) Governmental rule and religious rule.
(c) The modern man to the savage man.
(d) Modern time to prehistoric time.
4. What does Rousseau think about the man who invented property rights?
(a) He doesn't say anything about it.
(b) He was rude.
(c) He was smart.
(d) He pulled one over on his fellows.
5. What cannot be uncovered about nature's inequality, according to Rousseau?
(a) The reason.
(b) The source.
(c) The result.
(d) The detriment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rousseau, what is the natural or physical inequality established by?
2. What was man's first feeling, according to Rousseau?
3. What do men have that can be combined, according to Rousseau?
4. What is human understanding rooted in, according to Rousseau?
5. Where do people begin to crowd as luxury grows, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)