|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say separates the sensation of the savage from simple knowledge?
(a) A gulf.
(b) An ocean.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A universe.
2. According to Rousseau, what is the savage man of nature focused on?
(b) Self knowledge.
(c) Arts and sciences.
(d) Self preservation.
3. What was the result of new tools being invented, according to Rousseau?
(a) Violence and death.
(c) Men's interests began to conflict.
(d) Men's interests began to coincide.
4. What does Rousseau compare in his illustration in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
(a) Governmental rule and religious rule.
(b) Modern time to prehistoric time.
(c) The modern man to the savage man.
(d) The modern woman to the savage man.
5. What is at conflict in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix" that concerns Rousseau?
(a) Men's thought process.
(b) Men's desires.
(c) Men's behavior.
(d) Men's interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do men learn to repress as a result of jealousy, according to Rousseau?
2. What do men have that can be combined, according to Rousseau?
3. What does Rousseau feel happens to the state as a result of luxury development?
4. What does Rousseau believe helped man use nature?
5. What is a natural virtue considered to be, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)