|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say separates the sensation of the savage from simple knowledge?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A gulf.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A universe.
2. What do humans owe many of their ideas to?
(b) Their ancestors.
(d) The nature.
3. What does Rousseau feel happens to the state as a result of luxury development?
(a) It grows greedy.
(b) The quality of life increases.
(c) It grows poor.
(d) It grows rich, but sometimes depopulates themselves.
4. According to Rousseau, what is the savage man of nature focused on?
(b) Arts and sciences.
(c) Self preservation.
(d) Self knowledge.
5. What does Rousseau believe man's current state has more of in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
(a) Denial over all.
(c) More pain than pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does amore-propre preserve?
2. What can society no longer exist on after luxury is introduced, according to Rousseau?
3. What does Rousseau think about the man who invented property rights?
4. What makes use of human understanding, according to Rousseau?
5. According to Rousseau, what is the outcome of man's labor?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)