|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one have no time to learn when he or she is learning science, according to Rousseau?
2. What grew when the family grew, according to Rousseau?
(c) Paternal affection.
(d) Maternal affection.
3. What is human understanding rooted in, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau believe follows the heels of metallurgy and agriculture?
(b) Freedom and instinct.
(c) Slavery and misery.
5. What does Rousseau believe is the reason men now live apart?
(a) To keep their personal secrets.
(b) To have more land.
(c) Secrecy is best.
(d) To hide their wickedness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of land does Rousseau prefer to live in?
2. What does Rousseau compare in his illustration in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
3. What has destroyed taste, according to the end of "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
4. Which other civilizations were NOT mentioned by Rousseau as being impacted by the progress of art?
5. What does Rousseau believe does not preserve one's liberty?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)