|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does luxury generate according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(b) Time wasted.
(c) Social classes.
2. Where do people begin to crowd as luxury grows, according to Rousseau?
(c) The West.
(d) The country.
3. What did the poor become, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau question moral behavior could strictly be brought about by?
5. According to Rousseau, what is the natural or physical inequality established by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe man's current state has more of in "Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix"?
2. What does Rousseau argue at the beginning of "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
3. What did some individuals grow rich enough for as a result of inventions?
4. What is the main task of Rousseau's, "The Discourse on the Origin of Inequality"?
5. According to Rousseau, what is the savage man of nature focused on?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)