|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does philosophy do?
(a) Broadens the human.
(b) Isolates the human.
(c) Introverts the human.
(d) Enlightens the human.
2. What do men learn to repress as a result of jealousy, according to Rousseau?
(a) Their overall emotions.
(b) Their heated emotions.
(c) Their natural emotions.
(d) Their irrational emotions.
3. What does Rousseau question moral behavior could strictly be brought about by?
4. According to Rousseau, in the revival, the arts and sciences existed under what entities?
(a) Reason and religion.
(b) Power and religion.
(c) Government and the law.
5. How did older centuries think of natural law, according to Rousseau?
(a) Beyond ethics.
(b) Beyond science.
(c) Beyond art.
(d) Beyond humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make property rights equal?
2. What does Rousseau argue that men with talent should do?
3. Where does Rousseau believe speech arose from?
4. What does Rousseau believe divides a repressed man?
5. Where does Rousseau question language evolved from?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)