|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What created ethics according to Rousseau?
2. What does Rousseau argue about the discovery of the nature man?
(a) There is direct evidence.
(b) It is odd and perplexing.
(c) It is natural and innate.
(d) There is no direct evidence.
3. According to Rousseau, who destroyed human compassion?
(a) Modern depravity.
4. What does Rousseau reflect on at the beginning of "Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface"?
(a) The origin of music.
(b) The origin of inequality.
(c) The origin of life.
(d) The origin of the stars.
5. What is tragic about an increasing knowledge, according to Rousseau?
(a) It enables the human to question everything.
(b) It renders the human blind.
(c) It takes humans away from the natural.
(d) It moves humans from their original state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau want everyone to recognize in "Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface"?
2. What does the dissolution of morality follow according to Rousseau?
3. What leads to sex for man, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau believe government did NOT evolve from?
5. What does Rousseau want all individuals to have love for?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)