|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has added little to happiness in humans, according to Rousseau?
(a) Government contol.
(b) The progress of arts and sciences.
(d) The progress of art.
2. According to Rousseau, in the revival, the arts and sciences existed under what entities?
(a) Government and the law.
(c) Power and religion.
(d) Reason and religion.
3. What does Rousseau question moral behavior could strictly be brought about by?
4. What can only be brought about by ignorance given its results according to Rousseau?
(a) Political behavior.
(b) Moral behavior.
5. Who does Rousseau think promulgates wicked doctrines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people seek that do not exist, according to Rousseau at the end of Chapter 2, "A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
2. Who spread knowledge to the masses, according to Rousseau?
3. What should mans' response to the effects of art and science on society be, as described by Rousseau?
4. What does inequality cheapen according to Rousseau?
5. What do few artists defend according to Rousseau in "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)