|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to sex for man, according to Rousseau?
(a) Carnal desire.
(d) Natural sentiment.
2. What is a natural virtue considered to be, according to Rousseau?
3. What does natural inequality produce, according to Rousseau?
(a) National inequliaty.
(b) Economic inequality.
(c) State inequalitry.
(d) Personal inequality.
4. According to Rousseau, what was life of man limited to before his interests grew?
5. What is the final stage of maturation of inequality, according to "Chapter 5, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part Two"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do modern centuries see natural law?
2. What does Rousseau want to know about the "strong"?
3. Slavery makes people tend to be what according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
4. What does Rousseau want everyone to recognize in "Chapter 3, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Dedication and Preface"?
5. According to Rousseau, what is the outcome of man's labor?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)