|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Appendix.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau think about the man who invented property rights?
(a) He was smart.
(b) He doesn't say anything about it.
(c) He was rude.
(d) He pulled one over on his fellows.
2. What does Rousseau believe follows the heels of metallurgy and agriculture?
(b) Slavery and misery.
(c) Freedom and instinct.
3. According to Rousseau, what ancient thinker praised ignorance?
4. What cannot be uncovered about nature's inequality, according to Rousseau?
(a) The source.
(b) The result.
(c) The reason.
(d) The detriment.
5. What does Rousseau think the government and society can have?
(a) The game goals.
(b) Opposing interests,
(c) The same beliefs.
(d) Opposing goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau say separates the sensation of the savage from simple knowledge?
2. What does philosophy do?
3. Where did Rousseau analyze the effects of the arts and sciences on at the end of "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences. Part 1"?
4. Who did Rousseau praise for his ignorance in "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part 1"?
5. According to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I" how were humans more secure in earlier societies?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)