|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dissolution of morality follow according to Rousseau?
(a) Luxury and the corruption of taste.
(c) Desire and the corruption of soul.
(d) Pride and corruption of intelligence.
2. According to Rousseau, what ancient thinker praised ignorance?
3. Human morals are not improved by what subject according to Rousseau?
(b) The sciences.
(c) The arts.
4. What did Rousseau believe created physics?
5. Why does Rousseau think men lie under restraint?
(a) To feel control.
(b) So they can hide their motives and suppress them.
(c) To be controlled.
(d) He doesn't think they lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau understand about the idleness in children?
2. Who does Rousseau think promulgates wicked doctrines?
3. What does Rousseau believe is an artist's greatest compensation for his labor?
4. What does Rousseau write was required in order to reach a new period of reason?
5. The arts and sciences have helped human beings to repress what according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)