|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rousseau say wise men do not chase?
2. What did Rousseau believe created physics?
3. What does Rousseau consider to see if the contradiction he found was true?
(a) The church.
(b) The wealth of the state.
(c) The government.
(d) The arts and sciences.
4. What does Rousseau write was required in order to reach a new period of reason?
(a) The ability to forgive.
(b) A period of art.
(c) A revolution.
(d) A new period of desire.
5. How did Rousseau feel men treated morality before art?
(a) Men were ignorant to it.
(b) With passion.
(c) Men ignored it.
(d) Men had a rude but natural morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau believe would return humans to the original state of society?
2. How is wasting time viewed by society today, according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
3. What would history be empty without, according Rousseau?
4. Who did Rousseau praise for his ignorance in "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part 1"?
5. How are virtue and learning related according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)