|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should mans' response to the effects of art and science on society be, as described by Rousseau?
(a) Be proud of it.
(b) Embrace it.
(c) Be humbled by it.
(d) Men should be humiliated by this.
2. What is the abuse of morality generated by, according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(a) The growth of desire.
(b) The use of science.
(c) The growth of social classes.
(d) The growth of inequality between men.
3. What does Rousseau understand about the idleness in children?
(a) It's a good thing.
(b) It allows growth.
(c) It's necessary.
(d) It's evil.
4. What does Rousseau believe happens with the more a human knows?
(a) More time to discuss topics.
(b) Less time for mischief.
(c) More time to want greed.
(d) More time for mischief.
5. What does Rousseau say wise men do not chase?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true philosophy, according to Rousseau in "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
2. What does inequality cheapen according to Rousseau?
3. What has added little to happiness in humans, according to Rousseau?
4. What does Rousseau believe is the reason men now live apart?
5. What was the state of France, according to Rousseau, as a result of the introduction of the arts and sciences?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)