|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does luxury generate according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(b) Social classes.
(c) Time wasted.
2. What does nature tell humans?
(a) Be kind.
(b) Preserve the land.
(c) Do good for himself.
(d) Preserve his strength.
3. Where does Rousseau question language evolved from?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) In the savage and animal.
(c) In religious mediations.
(d) Between the parent and child.
4. What is the abuse of morality generated by, according to "Chapter 2, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part II"?
(a) The growth of social classes.
(b) The use of science.
(c) The growth of desire.
(d) The growth of inequality between men.
5. Slavery makes people tend to be what according to "Chapter 1, A Discourse on the Moral Effects of the Arts and Sciences, Part I"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rousseau want all individuals to have love for?
2. What does Rousseau exhort his citizens NOT to do?
3. What type of land does Rousseau prefer to live in?
4. Why does Rousseau think men lie under restraint?
5. What do men have that can be combined, according to Rousseau?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)