|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Daphne from taking Honey for a walk to town after Alice leaves?
(a) The heat.
(b) The distance to get out of Deakins Park.
(c) Honey’s fussy mood.
(d) Her headache.
2. How does Alice say she and her husband passed a long train ride in Turkey?
(a) Reading to each other.
(c) Writing home to tell everyone they were getting married.
3. What is Daphne’s epiphany about motherhood?
(a) You only enjoy childhood by losing it.
(b) Your child is not your property.
(c) You are never not a mother after you give birth.
(d) You can never get childhood back.
4. What is Alice’s relationship with Mark and Yarrow?
(a) They are her friends and heirs to her estate.
(b) They are her neighbors.
(c) They are her ex-students.
(d) They are her children.
5. Why does Daphne say she can only have one beer at Antelope Meadows?
(a) She is driving.
(b) She is cautious about the altitude.
(c) She is still hung over.
(d) She is quitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Cindy Cooper and Ed putting in Ed’s car when Daphne and Honey get home from dinner?
2. Who is the hostess at the Antelope Meadows?
3. How long does Alice say she was married before her husband died?
4. When Daphne is looking for Alice at Camp Cooville in the rain, what does she say she may have been waiting for all along?
5. Why does Daphne say she is paralyzed like “the nymph who turned into a tree” (150)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daphne find when she finally makes it back to the camp?
2. What explanation does Alice give Daphne for why she came through this area?
3. What is Daphne’s epiphany about motherhood in Day 9?
4. What kind of prayer does Daphne offer up for Alice after Alice has died?
5. What is the crisis that comes to a head when Daphne speaks to Engin after dinner out with Alice?
6. What are the issues that are aired during the board of supervisors meeting?
7. Who does Daphne recognize at the Antelope Meadows Restaurant?
8. What crisis do Daphne’s coworkers contact her about, and how does she resolve it?
9. What are Daphne’s and Alice’s different views about Daphne’s idea of going to the town where Ellery and Maryam had their accident?
10. How does Daphne decide to leave Altavista?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)