|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
(a) To get away from Tess.
(b) To join the clergy.
(c) To ask their opinion about his desire to marry Tess.
(d) Because his father is ill.
2. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(c) Caretaker of birds.
(d) Dairy maid.
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The kind-hearted bishop.
(c) No one.
(d) The pastor.
4. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
(a) Mr. Crick tells her Angel has scorn for old noble families.
(b) She is afraid he will think she is putting on airs.
(c) She isn't sure she wants anyone to know.
(d) She thinks he won't believe her.
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
2. What does Mr. Crick think made the butter taste unpleasant?
3. At Talbothays Tess meets Angel - what does Angel's father do for a living?
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)