|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one officer in the Real Compañía Irlandesa that Sharpe respects?
(a) Major Johnson.
(b) Lieutenant O'Riley.
(c) Captain Donaju.
(d) Captain Olivier.
2. What does Sharpe convince Runciman to do?
(a) Appropriate some muskets for the Real Compañía Irlandesa.
(b) Have the general inspect the troops.
(c) Get better food for the troops.
(d) Get more ammunition.
3. How does Runciman feel about his new position?
(a) He is angry about it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He is pleased he was noticed.
4. Where are most of the women and children located at San Isidoro?
(a) Spread throughout the fort.
(b) The barracks.
(c) In the command center.
(d) The gatehouse.
5. What does Sharpe decide to do to the two French prisoners?
(a) Cut off their heads.
(b) Take them back as POW's.
(c) Execute them.
(d) Let them go.
6. Who is chasing Juanita across the plains?
(a) The Spanish cavalry.
(b) No one.
(c) The British.
(d) Some of Loup's troops.
7. What does Loup swear to Sharpe?
(a) He will get revenge.
(b) That the village was empty when they came upon it.
(c) His men can do what they want, it's war.
(d) He did not tell his men to commit any crimes.
8. What does Sharpe suggest Donaju do about the rumors?
(a) He go to the British base and interview new Irish arrivals.
(b) He call the men into formation and announce they are false.
(c) He should forbid Juanita from talking to the troops.
(d) He go to the British base and interview new British arrivals.
9. Who is El Castrador?
(a) Sharpe's brother-in-law.
(b) The mayor of San Isidoro.
(c) Head of the Spanish 405th. Rifle Company.
(d) A Spanish partisan.
10. When did Loup kill Oliveira?
(a) When Loup found him in the hills.
(b) When Oliveira ran for the barracks.
(c) When Oliveira tried to surrender.
(d) He didn't kill Oliveira.
11. About what person does Harper tell a story?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grand-da.
12. What are the four French soldiers that ride up to the village carrying?
(a) A British standard.
(c) A white flag.
(d) The body of one of Sharpe's riflemen.
13. How many of the Officers of the Real Compañía Irlandesa were killed or wounded?
14. What is Richard Sharpe and his troops' dilemma at the beginning of the book?
(a) They have no food.
(b) They have no ammunition.
(c) They are surrounded.
(d) They are lost.
15. What makes Sharpe change his mind about ignoring the small settlement below them?
(a) Deciding there might be food there.
(b) To see if he can find out the name of the village.
(c) Hearing a woman scream.
(d) Watching the French leave only fifteen men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe meet with Colonel Oliveira?
2. How do they know who the man is who saved them?
3. What does Kiely have to do before he talks much in the morning?
4. How are the men finding about supposed atrocities in Ireland?
5. What does Ducos think about Loup's capabilities?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)