|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Augusten's father described?
(a) As obese.
(b) As aloof.
(c) As excitable.
(d) As comedic.
2. What does Augusten admit to imitating?
(a) His mother's dress.
(b) His mother's speech.
(c) His mother's stride.
(d) His mother's laugh.
3. What is interesting about the clothing that Augusten's roommate in the mental ward wears?
(a) He doesn't wear clothes.
(b) He dresses as a young boy.
(c) He dresses as a woman.
(d) He dresses for the wrong weather seasons.
4. Who does Hope take to visit Augusten after Augusten admits to his homosexuality?
(c) Dr. Finch.
(d) His father.
5. At the beginning of the book, what is Augusten's mother getting dressed to attend?
(a) An art gallery opening.
(b) A singer-songwriter concert.
(c) A socialite dinner.
(d) A poetry reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Augusten observe being intimate with his mother in the kitchen?
2. How does Dr. Finch initially react to the giant hole in his kitchen ceiling?
3. Who does Augusten think that Dr. Finch resembles?
4. What type of accent does Augusten's mother have?
5. What sport did Terrence Maxwell play semi-professionally?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the side room of Dr. Finch's office used for?
2. What is Augusten looking forward to doing after his mother leaves for the poetry reading?
3. What conversation does Natalie and Augusten get into about his possible career goals?
4. What does Augusten become obsessed with, relating to his future employment aspirations?
5. How does Agnes respond to Dr. Finch's mistresses?
6. What is Augusten uncomfortable at school, and what does he do about it?
7. After Neil Bookman comes to visit Augusten for a sexual experience involving hair gel, how does Augusten react?
8. Why does Augusten view Troy's autism as a positive element in his life?
9. What does Augusten walk in on when he visits his mother while he is skipping school?
10. How does the Finch family celebrate "World Father's Day"?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)