|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Augusten confide to Hope that he would like to move?
(c) New York City.
2. What does Augusten collect as a form of comfort?
(a) Dead butterflies.
(b) Stuffed animals.
(d) Shiny objects.
3. Where does Troy live?
(d) New York City.
4. What type of accent does Augusten's mother have?
(a) A Canadian accent.
(b) A Southern accent.
(c) A British accent.
(d) A Brooklyn accent.
5. What is Augusten's reaction to seeing his mother being intimate with someone in the kitchen?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is elated.
(d) He is terrified.
6. With whose help does Augusten bash a giant hole in the kitchen ceiling?
(a) Neil Bookman's.
7. What does Augusten want to take from the dump?
(a) An aluminum folding chair.
(b) A silver serving tray.
(c) A chrome table.
(d) A metal hubcap.
8. What does Kate give Augusten to study from?
(a) One of her old textbooks.
(b) One of her personal journals.
(c) One of her old research papers.
(d) One of her scientific studies.
9. What instrument does Dr. Finch play during the family parade?
10. How does Deirdre react to Augusten's relationship with Neil Bookman?
(a) She is apathetic to it.
(b) She is disgusted by it.
(c) She supports it.
(d) She is outraged by it.
11. What does Dr. Finch encourage his family to do to promote mental health?
12. What does Fern Stewart's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He is a fireman.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He is a teacher.
13. What does Dr. Finch's grandson do under the grand piano?
14. What is interesting about the clothing that Augusten's roommate in the mental ward wears?
(a) He doesn't wear clothes.
(b) He dresses as a young boy.
(c) He dresses for the wrong weather seasons.
(d) He dresses as a woman.
15. In what way does Neil Bookman use Augusten's bottle of Queen Helene Cholesterol hair gel?
(a) As a styling product.
(b) As a cooking supply.
(c) As a cleaning agent.
(d) As a lubricant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Neil at the time of his sexual encounter with Augusten?
2. What does Augusten admit to imitating?
3. What part of Joanne's body is red and cracked?
4. Where, in the small room connected to Dr. Finch's office, is that sleeping person lying?
5. What word does Hope come across during her Bible-dip telling Augusten whether or not he should move?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)