|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(c) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(d) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
2. Ko S'la is __________________.
(a) Flory's mistress.
(b) Flory's cook.
(c) Flory's servant.
(d) Flory's best friend.
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(b) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(c) his dog needs to go out.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) sparse, lonely and bland.
(b) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(c) short, light and fresh.
(d) swift, passionate and enormous.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in power.
(b) Happiness is not in money.
(c) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(d) Happiness comes from the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
5. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)