This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheryl convince Hickey her and Will are doing when he calls her?
2. What does Will insist on taking with him into the bank?
3. Who does Will meet at the manager's office at the bank?
4. Who is Cheryl most afraid of throughout the whole story?
5. Who shows up at the Jennings's home before Karen and Hickey are able to leave for the accountant's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 14, what causes the reader to begin to question Abby's safety?
2. What role does Harley Farris play in Chapter 15 after the cell phone signal is still not located?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Karen feel the need to warn Will?
4. In Chapter 16, describe how Hickey finds out that the FBI have been contacted.
5. In Chapter 17, Special Agent Chalmers explains to Will that the FBI is doing what in order to locate Abby?
6. In Chapter 11, explain how Cheryl tries to relax Will.
7. In Chapter 13, Will uses force to get information out of Cheryl. Describe how he does this.
8. In Chapter 18, in what way does the reader realize that Abby is a lot stronger than her parents give her credit for when it comes to her health?
9. Describe how Hickey's actions toward Stephanie Morgan in Chapter 15 reminds the reader about Hickey's personality.
10. Briefly explain the end result for all three of the kidnappers, Hickey, Huey, and Cheryl, as described at the end of Chapter 20.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Will Jennings is acquainted with the president of the cell phone company, Harley Ferris. Then explain Ferris's role in the book and if he is ever successful in helping Will locate Abby.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Huey Cotton's character development. How does the reader's opinion change as the book continues? Describe how he able to able to help Abby. Also, explain how Will attempts to help Huey at the end of the book to prove his gratitude.
Essay Topic 3
The book begins at the conclusion of the Peter McDill kidnapping. Describe what is known about Peter McDill's kidnapping, and then compare Peter's kidnapping to the Jennings's family kidnapping. Also, how does Peter's kidnapping impact Abby's kidnapping?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)