|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 2, “Nothing Comes of Nothing,” the ratio of zero to any number is what?
2. Absolute zero has no energy and is unattainable for what reason?
(a) Any attempt to get a space to absolute zero requires string distribution.
(b) Any attempt to get a space to absolute zero requires infinity.
(c) Any attempt to get a space to absolute zero requires a black hole.
(d) Any attempt to get a space to absolute zero exerts energy.
3. What refers to a system of tribunals developed by the Holy See of the Roman Catholic Church during the second half of the 16th Century?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Catalina Inquisition.
(c) The Roman Inquisition.
(d) The Medieval Inquisition.
4. In mathematics, the cardinality of a set is a measure of what?
(a) The quantity of the number of the set combined.
(b) The number of possible derivatives of the set.
(c) The inverse quality of the set.
(d) The number of elements of the set.
5. In 1996 and 1997, the USS Yorktown was equipped with a network of how many dual 200 MHz Pentium Pro-based computers running Windows NT 4.0?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancient Babylonians are credited with the creation of what calculation tool?
2. Bernhard Riemann was able to show how to generate the geometry for what, according to the author in Chapter 6, “Infinity’s Twin”?
3. In what year did Albert Einstein publish a paper that explained experimental data from the photoelectric effect, leading to the quantum revolution?
4. Georg Cantor is best known as the inventor of what fundamental theory in mathematics?
5. What principle holds that there is an inverse relation between the fineness with which a particular's location can be determined and the fineness with which its velocity can be determined?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)