|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James say about motion, change, and activity?
(a) They are always growing.
(b) They are all the same.
(c) They often stop moving forward.
(d) They are unique to one another.
2. Where did James experience an earthquake?
3. What term is defined as the state of consciousness considered subjectively?
4. What is the first aspect of the truth that James points out?
5. In the lectures about the meaning of truth, what does Lecture VIII critique?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Humanism and Truth Once More," what does James suggest others say pragmatism and humanism deny?
2. James claims that the belief in absolute negates the need for which of the following?
3. James gave an address to the alumni of ______________.
4. What is the occupation of the subject of "A Pluralistic Mystic"?
5. What is the name of the subject of "A Pluralistic Mystic"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the appendix?
2. What does James discuss in Chapter II about metaphysics?
3. What is Lecture II about?
4. What is Lecture I about?
5. What does James say about war? Do you agree?
6. What is Lecture VIII about?
7. What is Lecture XI about?
8. What does James discuss in Chapter I about the importance of philosophy?
9. What is Lecture IV about?
10. What does James discuss in Chapter V?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)