|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James call the conceptual way of knowing something?
2. Chapter XII describes the relationship between novelty and what other quality?
3. What is the name of the theory James describes as believing that time is always coming in small drops?
(a) Continuous Theory.
(b) Discontinuity Theory.
(c) Discretion Theory.
(d) Awareness Theory.
4. What stance does the Philippine address defend?
5. What role does James attribute to being the point of beginning for the meaning of truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, what is the nature of Dewey's school?
2. Why does James say that feelings are important?
3. James gave an address to the alumni of ______________.
4. What topic, in addition to monism, does James discuss in Chapter VII?
5. What is the first aspect of the truth that James points out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is PhD Octopus about?
2. What are the virtues of pluralism that James discusses?
3. What is Lecture IX about?
4. What does James discuss in Chapter IV about direct experience?
5. What is Lecture X about?
6. What does James say about war? Do you agree?
7. What is Lecture III about?
8. What does James say about Blood?
9. What does James say about the Chicago School?
10. What is Lecture XI about?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)