|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James describe as the third virtue of pluralism?
(a) It is pluralistic.
(b) It is theistic.
(c) it is pragmatic.
(d) It is scientific.
2. Critics of pragmatism assert that pragmatism is a revision of which concept?
(b) Lack of action.
(d) Call to action.
3. What concept does the story about the Philippine address discuss?
(a) English Philosophy.
(b) German Expressionism.
(c) American Expansionism.
(d) French Imperialism.
4. What is the first aspect of the truth that James points out?
5. What is James' conception of truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stated that infinity defies enumeration?
2. In the story about the earthquake, James focuses on what part of the experience?
3. What term does James attribute to the love of wisdom?
4. James relates that the truth has ____________ consequences.
5. What does James believe people tend to do with the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the appendix?
2. What are the virtues of pluralism that James discusses?
3. What does James discuss in Chapter V?
4. What does James say about Blood?
5. What is Lecture I about?
6. What does James say about the Chicago School?
7. What does James say about Emerson?
8. What is Lecture II about?
9. What are the types of causes that James focuses on?
10. What is Lecture XI about?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)