|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Critics of pragmatism assert that pragmatism is a revision of which stance?
2. The challenges of what kind of problems does James present in Chapter II?
3. What does Chapter VIII emphasize?
(a) Discrete and continuous.
(b) Free will and meliorism.
(c) Positive and negative.
(d) Intelligent and ignorant.
4. What does James describe as the second virtue of pluralism?
(a) Melioristic outlook.
(b) Rational outlook.
(c) Pessimistic outlook.
(d) Optimistic outlook.
5. In the story PhD Octopus, students do not deal with _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lecture XI discusses which concept?
2. In the story about the earthquake, James focuses on what part of the experience?
3. What challenging research does James address in a short story?
4. According to James, what can be an object for several minds?
5. What does James call the immediate way of knowing something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lecture X about?
2. What is Lecture XI about?
3. What does James discuss in Chapter V?
4. What is James' principle of causality?
5. What are the types of causes that James focuses on?
6. What is PhD Octopus about?
7. What does James say about war? Do you agree?
8. What is the Philippine Address about?
9. What does James discuss in Chapter I about the importance of philosophy?
10. What does James say about the Chicago School?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)