|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James describe as a secondary process?
2. What is the second aspect of the truth that James points out?
3. What adjective does James use to address precepts?
4. In the lectures about the meaning of truth, what does Lecture VIII critique?
5. What does James describe as the first virtue of pluralism?
(c) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story about the earthquake, James focuses on what part of the experience?
2. What does James address in Chapter IV?
3. Chapter 1 discuss the importance of which field?
4. What is the name of the theory James describes as believing that time is always coming in small drops?
5. What challenging research does James address in a short story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James discuss in Chapter I about the importance of philosophy?
2. What is Lecture I about?
3. What is Lecture II about?
4. What does James discuss in Chapter IV about direct experience?
5. What does James believe a good education is?
6. What is James' principle of causality?
7. What does James say about Blood?
8. What is Lecture IV about?
9. What are the virtues of pluralism that James discusses?
10. What does James discuss in Chapter II about metaphysics?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)