|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Royce says that limits for which group are a result of only a piece of absolute will?
2. What kind of experiences does James say deliver people from the suffering of duality?
3. According to James, the absence of something can lead to a sense of which of the following?
4. In Lecture III, James compares mysticism to ____________.
5. James states that which viewpoint is the process for determining truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does James describe as being based on principles of intellectualism and idealism?
2. How does James describe Josiah Royce's approach?
3. The lecture about Royce adds to lectures on which topic?
4. Fechner believed that consciousness is based on which of the following?
5. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is James' concept of philosophy different from your own?
2. Why does James claim that theism is unsatisfactory?
3. What does James say that truth is for pragmatists?
4. What assertions does James make about ignorance?
5. What does James say about other theorists and their experiences?
6. What is the rationalist position?
7. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
8. How does James define religion?
9. Describe the monistic way of looking at "To You."
10. What is the determinist stance?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)