|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What viewpoint does James attribute to being aggressive and radical?
2. James believes that people will first act out of _____________.
3. James says that other theorists originate from what type of experience?
(a) Personal experience.
(b) Intelligent experience.
(c) Broad experience.
(d) Limited experience.
4. Lecture VII relates which of the following to pragmatism?
5. What does James say life consists of?
(a) Constant re-ordering process.
(b) Inconsistent ignorance.
(c) Infrequent re-ordering process.
(d) Constant ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. 'Each-form,' according to James, allows for intimacy with which of the following?
2. What kind of experiences does James say deliver people from the suffering of duality?
3. What position does James state lacks intimacy?
4. James believes that which viewpoint fills the needs of both religion and fact?
5. What does James identify as the "fruits" of religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assertions does James make about ignorance?
2. How is James' concept of philosophy different from your own?
3. For a man to experience the divine, what does James insist he must do?
4. What does James say about other theorists and their experiences?
5. Describe Fechner's approach to philosophy.
6. How does James define religion?
7. How does James designate the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not?
8. What information about Bergson does James want the reader to take note of?
9. What are the types of unity that James describes?
10. What is healthy-mindedness?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)