|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does James not identify as a quality of saintliness?
(c) Strength of the soul.
2. James says that the first way of looking at "To You" is in which position?
3. Lecture VII relates which of the following to pragmatism?
4. The third lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
5. What kind of god does James find in the all-form?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James describe as occurring when the whole changes all things contained within it must also change as a singular act?
2. According to James, noetic pluralism indicates which of the following?
3. Fechner is the founder of ______________.
4. Who believes that everything has an opposite that is negated?
5. Humans react in what way to new information, according to James?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are James' essential elements to religion?
2. How does James designate the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not?
3. How does James define the results of excess?
4. What does James believe prompts people to act?
5. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
6. Why does James claim that theism is unsatisfactory?
7. What is the empiricist position?
8. What assertions does James make about ignorance?
9. What does noetic pluralism indicate to James?
10. What are the types of unity that James describes?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)