|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lecture III, James compares mysticism to ____________.
2. What does James describe as being both sublime and trivial?
3. What is the first concept Fechner uses in his reasoning?
4. What does James describe as the champion's abstraction?
5. What kind of experiences does James say deliver people from the suffering of duality?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, 'each' and 'whole' are levels of what?
2. What does James attribute to using parts to explain wholes?
3. James identifies the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not as which of the following?
4. The third lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
5. James believes the salvation approach relies on what kind of experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James say about other theorists and their experiences?
2. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
3. What are the types of unity that James describes?
4. How does James designate the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not?
5. What does James believe prompts people to act?
6. What does James say that truth is for pragmatists?
7. What did you learn about Josiah Royce from James' lectures?
8. How does James define religion?
9. According to James, what drives human behavior?
10. Why does James mention Hegel?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)