|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James holds that activity is evidenced by which of the following?
2. In Lecture VI, what does James relate to pragmatism?
3. What is the second concept Fechner uses in his reasoning?
4. Lecture VII relates which of the following to pragmatism?
5. According to James, religion cannot exist on which of the following?
(a) Moral thought.
(b) Immoral thought.
(c) Rational thought.
(d) Irrational thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
2. Who says that concepts freeze movement?
3. James states that which viewpoint is the process for determining truth?
4. In determinist stance, James describes superhuman as which of the following?
5. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James describe reasoning as a part of empiricism?
2. What are the types of unity that James describes?
3. What is Lecture VIII about?
4. How does James describe reasoning as a part of rationalism?
5. What does James believe a good education is?
6. What are the types of causes that James focuses on?
7. What is radical empiricism?
8. What does James say about the Chicago School?
9. What did you learn about Josiah Royce from James' lectures?
10. What is Lecture II about?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)