|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of god does James find in the all-form?
2. What position does James describe as being based on principles of intellectualism and idealism?
3. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
4. In Lecture VI, what does James relate to pragmatism?
5. The second lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
2. James connects religious manifestation to ______________.
3. James suggests that the experience of evil is necessary from an existential viewpoint to access deep levels of which of the following?
4. Royce says that limits for which group are a result of only a piece of absolute will?
5. In Lecture III, James compares mysticism to ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James describe reasoning as a part of empiricism?
2. What is the empiricist position?
3. Describe the pragmatic and pluralistic way of looking at "To You."
4. For a man to experience the divine, what does James insist he must do?
5. What is pluralism?
6. What is the monist position?
7. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
8. What is the determinist stance?
9. What does James believe prompts people to act?
10. What are James' thoughts about suicide?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)