|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James describe as the champion's abstraction?
2. In Lecture II, James outlines the meaning of ______________.
3. What does James attribute to using wholes to explain parts?
4. Royce says that ignorance is which of the following?
(a) Common sense.
5. What viewpoint does James attribute to being aggressive and radical?
Short Answer Questions
1. James holds that in which stance does the mind makes connections between ideas that are just as valid as other truths?
2. Which definition is most close to the definition of healthy-mindedness?
3. 'Each-form,' according to James, allows for intimacy with which of the following?
4. What does James describe as occurring when the whole changes all things contained within it must also change as a singular act?
5. Whom does James refer to as feeling fundamentally fed up with life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pluralism?
2. Describe the monistic way of looking at "To You."
3. What did you learn about Josiah Royce from James' lectures?
4. What are James' essential elements to religion?
5. Why does James believe that religion should be based on an individual level?
6. What is common sense as James sees it? Do you agree?
7. What is healthy-mindedness?
8. What is immanent operation?
9. Describe the pragmatic and pluralistic way of looking at "To You."
10. How does James describe reasoning as a part of empiricism?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)