|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does James not identify as a quality of saintliness?
(b) Strength of the soul.
2. What does James describe as being both sublime and trivial?
3. The second lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
4. What position does James describe as being based on facts and pessimism?
5. James describes the parts of the universe as being which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does James state believes everything is essentially the same?
2. Humans react in what way to new information, according to James?
3. Lecture VIII relates pragmatism to which concept?
4. The third lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
5. Royce says that ignorance is which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fechner's approach to philosophy.
2. How does James define religion?
3. What is healthy-mindedness?
4. How does James define the results of excess?
5. How does James describe reasoning as a part of empiricism?
6. What does noetic pluralism indicate to James?
7. Describe the monistic way of looking at "To You."
8. What are James' essential elements to religion?
9. What is common sense as James sees it? Do you agree?
10. Why does James claim that theism is unsatisfactory?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)