|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James states that which viewpoint is the process for determining truth?
2. What does James attribute to using parts to explain wholes?
3. According to James, religion cannot exist on which of the following?
(a) Rational thought.
(b) Irrational thought.
(c) Immoral thought.
(d) Moral thought.
4. James believes that people will first act out of _____________.
5. James believes the salvation approach relies on what kind of experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fechner's faith saved him from which of the following, according to James?
2. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
3. James says that the field of consciousness is a center fringed by which of the following?
4. What does James describe as being both sublime and trivial?
5. What position does James state lacks intimacy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
2. What did you learn about Josiah Royce from James' lectures?
3. Describe Fechner's approach to philosophy.
4. What does noetic pluralism indicate to James?
5. What is the rationalist position?
6. According to James, what drives human behavior?
7. How does James define the results of excess?
8. According to James, what is inquiry designed for?
9. What information about Bergson does James want the reader to take note of?
10. How does James designate the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)