|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of experiences does James say deliver people from the suffering of duality?
2. What is the view that salvation of the world is not possible?
3. James says that the first way of looking at "To You" is in which position?
4. Lecture VII relates which of the following to pragmatism?
5. What does James identify as a "sick soul"?
(a) One who has committed a crime.
(b) One who is psychologicall and emotionally empty.
(c) One who has reached a state of psychological rock-bottom.
(d) One who has made a difficult decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. James says that other theorists originate from what type of experience?
2. What kind of unity does James describe as being things that are like each other?
3. According to James, the more dramatic examples of conversion tend to be which of the following?
4. In determinist stance, James describes superhuman as which of the following?
5. James believes that which viewpoint fills the needs of both religion and fact?
Short Essay Questions
1. For a man to experience the divine, what does James insist he must do?
2. What information about Bergson does James want the reader to take note of?
3. What are James' thoughts about suicide?
4. What is immanent operation?
5. What is the rationalist position?
6. How does James describe reasoning as a part of rationalism?
7. What is healthy-mindedness?
8. What is the determinist stance?
9. Describe Fechner's approach to philosophy.
10. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)