|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is truth an inert static relationship, according to James?
(c) Religious people.
2. The lecture about Royce adds to lectures on which topic?
3. James believes the salvation approach relies on what kind of experience?
4. Which of the following does James not identify as a quality of saintliness?
(d) Strength of the soul.
5. James suggests the naturalist approach consists of living __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. James says that other theorists originate from what type of experience?
2. What religion does James say relies on elaborate ceremony and hierarchy?
3. James says that the first way of looking at "To You" is in which position?
4. Royce says that limits for which group are a result of only a piece of absolute will?
5. According to James, religion cannot exist on which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to James, what is inquiry designed for?
2. What is the determinist stance?
3. How is James' concept of philosophy different from your own?
4. According to James, what drives human behavior?
5. What assertions does James make about ignorance?
6. What are the qualities of saintliness which James defines?
7. For a man to experience the divine, what does James insist he must do?
8. What are James' essential elements to religion?
9. What is the empiricist position?
10. Describe the pragmatic and pluralistic way of looking at "To You."
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)