|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fechner's faith saved him from which of the following, according to James?
2. James says that limitations in will cause which of the following?
(d) Common sense.
3. What is the second sub-category of spiritualism, according to James?
(a) Dualistic theism.
(b) Inductive theism.
(c) Monistic theism.
4. Which of the following does James not identify as a quality of saintliness?
(a) Strength of the soul.
5. Who says that concepts freeze movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James identify as a "sick soul"?
2. James asserts that inquiry is first designed to evaluate which of the following?
3. What does James say life consists of?
4. Which phrase does James use to describe common sense?
5. James says that mystical experience carries a sense of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James says beliefs are based on? Do you agree?
2. Describe the monistic way of looking at "To You."
3. What is common sense as James sees it? Do you agree?
4. According to James, what is inquiry designed for?
5. How does James designate the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not?
6. What does James say that truth is for pragmatists?
7. What does James say about other theorists and their experiences?
8. What assertions does James make about ignorance?
9. What did you learn about Josiah Royce from James' lectures?
10. What is immanent operation?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)