|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
2. What is the view that salvation is neither impossible nor inevitable?
3. What position does James describe as being based on principles of intellectualism and idealism?
4. What position does James say is the 'all-form'?
5. According to James, what is within the realm of sensory experience prior to cognition?
Short Answer Questions
1. The third lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
2. What is the concept called where one believes that everything has an opposite that is negated?
3. The lecture about Royce adds to lectures on which topic?
4. James believes that people will first act out of _____________.
5. James says that the first way of looking at "To You" is in which position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James say about other theorists and their experiences?
2. What is the empiricist position?
3. What is the monist position?
4. What assertions does James make about ignorance?
5. What is common sense as James sees it? Do you agree?
6. According to James, what drives human behavior?
7. How is James' concept of philosophy different from your own?
8. How does James designate the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not?
9. What are James' essential elements to religion?
10. What is healthy-mindedness?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)