|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fechner believed that consciousness is based on which of the following?
(a) Deductiveness and inductiveness.
(b) Logic and instinct.
(c) Intelligence and reasoning.
(d) Organization and needs.
2. What is the second sub-category of spiritualism, according to James?
(a) Monistic theism.
(b) Dualistic theism.
(d) Inductive theism.
3. What position does James describe as being based on facts and pessimism?
4. Royce says that ignorance is which of the following?
(d) Common sense.
5. What does James use as an example to explain the significance of substance?
(a) Christian church.
(d) Jewish temple.
6. James says that mystical experience carries a sense of which of the following?
7. What position does James state lacks intimacy?
8. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
9. What position is described as holding that even in vast fields of sameness, there is still difference?
10. 'Each-form,' according to James, allows for intimacy with which of the following?
11. What does James say allows Fechner to posit Earth systems based on human systems?
12. According to James, the more dramatic examples of conversion tend to be which of the following?
13. Lecture VIII relates pragmatism to which concept?
14. What kind of god does James find in the all-form?
15. Who says that concepts freeze movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. James claims that in excess, what can become gullibility?
2. How does James describe ineffability?
3. James asserts that inquiry is first designed to evaluate which of the following?
4. What kind of unity does James describe as being things that are like each other?
5. James says that the second way of looking at "To You" is in which position?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)