|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James says that mystical experience carries a sense of which of the following?
2. What stance does James attribute to being the way out of monism?
(a) Witness stance.
(b) Determinist stance.
(c) Intelligence stance.
(d) Pragmatist stance.
3. James suggests the naturalist approach consists of living __________.
4. Royce says that ignorance is which of the following?
(b) Common sense.
5. What does James say allows Fechner to posit Earth systems based on human systems?
6. What does James attribute to using parts to explain wholes?
7. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
(a) The motivation one person has to change.
(b) The decision one makes to become happy.
(c) The significance of a person.
(d) The meaning or importance of a thing.
8. What position is described as holding that even in vast fields of sameness, there is still difference?
9. What position does James state lacks intimacy?
10. Who believes that everything has an opposite that is negated?
11. What position does James attribute to being the 'each-form'?
12. James states purity arises from a sense of sensitivity to _________.
13. In Lecture II, James outlines the meaning of ______________.
14. What does James attribute to using wholes to explain parts?
15. James says that the field of consciousness is a center fringed by which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, which of the following is not an essential element to religion?
2. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
3. What term does James describe as being a mental mode of adaptation to reality?
4. Lecture VIII relates pragmatism to which concept?
5. What word does James associate with prayer?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)