|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James identifies the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not as which of the following?
(a) Virtue vs. vices.
(b) Being vs. doing.
(c) Moral vs. immoral.
(d) Having vs. seeing.
2. James associates Charles Pierce with what concept?
3. James says that other theorists originate from what type of experience?
(a) Limited experience.
(b) Intelligent experience.
(c) Broad experience.
(d) Personal experience.
4. What viewpoint does James attribute to being aggressive and radical?
5. James holds that activity is evidenced by which of the following?
6. James identifies a substance through which of the following?
(b) Intellectual reasoning.
7. Who believes that everything has an opposite that is negated?
8. What position is described as holding that even in vast fields of sameness, there is still difference?
9. What kind of unity does James describe as being things that are like each other?
10. James says that what kind of people experience a sense of unreality?
(a) Those who are depressed.
(b) Those who are happy.
(c) Those who have nothing.
(d) Those who are thankful.
11. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
(a) The motivation one person has to change.
(b) The significance of a person.
(c) The meaning or importance of a thing.
(d) The decision one makes to become happy.
12. Fechner's faith saved him from which of the following, according to James?
13. What position does James attribute to being the 'each-form'?
14. James states purity arises from a sense of sensitivity to _________.
15. James believes the salvation approach relies on what kind of experience?
Short Answer Questions
1. 'Each-form,' according to James, allows for intimacy with which of the following?
2. Royce says that ignorance is which of the following?
3. What does James say life consists of?
4. What position does James state lacks intimacy?
5. According to James, 'each' and 'whole' are levels of what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)