|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays Section II (Essays 11-20).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "To You"?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Henry James.
2. James suggests that the experience of evil is necessary from an existential viewpoint to access deep levels of which of the following?
3. In Lecture VI, what does James relate to pragmatism?
4. According to James, what is Emerson's good quality?
(a) He does not lie.
(b) He is an excellent writer.
(c) He is truly happy.
(d) He is true to his own expression.
5. After the first act, James believes that people will then act out of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does James attribute to being the point of beginning for the meaning of truth?
2. The second lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
3. What term is defined as the state of consciousness considered subjectively?
4. Humans react in what way to new information, according to James?
5. In the lectures about the meaning of truth, what does Lecture I relate to?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)