|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Some Problems of Philosophy Section II (Chapters VIII-Appendix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James say life consists of?
(a) Inconsistent ignorance.
(b) Infrequent re-ordering process.
(c) Constant ignorance.
(d) Constant re-ordering process.
2. What is the second aspect of the truth that James points out?
3. James says that for an instantaneous conversion, it is necessary for a person to know which of the following?
4. Which statement is true about James' thoughts on experiences?
(a) They all revolve around theism.
(b) They are all related to determinism.
(c) They are all related to empiricism.
(d) They are all related to each other.
5. What is the second sub-category of spiritualism, according to James?
(a) Inductive theism.
(b) Monistic theism.
(c) Dualistic theism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does James refer to as feeling fundamentally fed up with life?
2. James identifies the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not as which of the following?
3. James believes that which viewpoint fills the needs of both religion and fact?
4. What is the first sub-category of spiritualism that James discusses?
5. What term is defined as the function of consciousness?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)