|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Meaning of Truth Section II (Lectures VIII -XV).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James call the conceptual way of knowing something?
2. Humans react in what way to new information, according to James?
(a) They are accepting of new information.
(b) They are angry at new information.
(c) They are comforted by new information.
(d) They are wary of new information.
3. James holds that activity is evidenced by which of the following?
4. Who says that concepts freeze movement?
5. Who does James use in Lecture X to illustrate his point clearly?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(d) Henry James.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does James say relies on elaborate ceremony and hierarchy?
2. According to James, 'each' and 'whole' are levels of what?
3. James believes that which viewpoint fills the needs of both religion and fact?
4. According to James, beliefs are based on which of the following?
5. James states purity arises from a sense of sensitivity to _________.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)