|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Meaning of Truth Section II (Lectures VIII -XV).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James attribute to using wholes to explain parts?
2. What does James believe people tend to do with the truth?
(a) Conserve it.
(b) Optimize it.
(c) Neglect it.
(d) Spend it.
3. What does James say allows Fechner to posit Earth systems based on human systems?
4. For whom is truth an inert static relationship, according to James?
(b) Religious people.
5. What word does James associate with prayer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James say that feelings are important?
2. What does Lecture IX relate to?
3. James describes the parts of the universe as being which of the following?
4. The second lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
5. What kind of experiences does James say deliver people from the suffering of duality?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)