|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Meaning of Truth Section II (Lectures VIII -XV).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James says that the second way of looking at "To You" is in which position?
2. What is the second sub-category of spiritualism, according to James?
(a) Monistic theism.
(b) Inductive theism.
(d) Dualistic theism.
3. What term is defined as the function of consciousness?
(d) Response action.
4. Whom does James refer to as feeling fundamentally fed up with life?
5. How does James describe noetic quality?
(a) New happiness.
(b) New morals.
(c) New knowledge.
(d) New virtues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of unity does James describe as a preceding event causing a following event?
2. Who does James use in Lecture X to illustrate his point clearly?
3. Fechner believed that consciousness is based on which of the following?
4. What position does James state lacks intimacy?
5. What does James describe as being both sublime and trivial?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)