|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Pluralistic Universe Section I (Lectures I-IV).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that everything has an opposite that is negated?
2. Which definition is most close to the definition of healthy-mindedness?
(a) The longing to see others become happy.
(b) The decision to become happy when depressed.
(c) A deliberate attempt to see the goodness in the world and in one's personal life.
(d) The ability to continue loving somebody even when one is depressed.
3. According to James, beliefs are based on which of the following?
(b) Common sense.
4. James says that for an instantaneous conversion, it is necessary for a person to know which of the following?
5. What position does James say is the 'all-form'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James describe ineffability?
2. What does James identify as the "fruits" of religion?
3. After the first act, James believes that people will then act out of _____________.
4. Lecture VII relates which of the following to pragmatism?
5. What is the second concept Fechner uses in his reasoning?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)