|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pragmatism Section I (Lectures I-IV).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which definition is most close to the definition of healthy-mindedness?
(a) The ability to continue loving somebody even when one is depressed.
(b) The decision to become happy when depressed.
(c) The longing to see others become happy.
(d) A deliberate attempt to see the goodness in the world and in one's personal life.
2. James states that which viewpoint is the process for determining truth?
3. What position does James state believes everything is essentially the same?
4. What does James describe as the champion's abstraction?
5. James says that for an instantaneous conversion, it is necessary for a person to know which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What viewpoint does James attribute to being aggressive and radical?
2. What does James describe as being both sublime and trivial?
3. What position is described as holding that even in vast fields of sameness, there is still difference?
4. In Lecture II, James outlines the meaning of ______________.
5. James believes the salvation approach relies on what kind of experience?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)