|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Varieties of Religious Experience Section 2 (Lectures XI-Postcript).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the first act, James believes that people will then act out of _____________.
2. What kind of experiences does James say deliver people from the suffering of duality?
3. According to James, the more dramatic examples of conversion tend to be which of the following?
4. James says that what kind of people experience a sense of unreality?
(a) Those who have nothing.
(b) Those who are thankful.
(c) Those who are happy.
(d) Those who are depressed.
5. James associates Charles Pierce with what concept?
Short Answer Questions
1. In excess, what does James assert that virtue becomes?
2. What does James identify as a "sick soul"?
3. James identifies the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not as which of the following?
4. Which definition is most close to the definition of healthy-mindedness?
5. How does James describe noetic quality?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)