|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Varieties of Religious Experience Section 2 (Lectures XI-Postcript).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James connects religious manifestation to ______________.
2. James associates Charles Pierce with what concept?
3. According to James, the absence of something can lead to a sense of which of the following?
4. James says that for an instantaneous conversion, it is necessary for a person to know which of the following?
5. In excess, what does James assert that virtue becomes?
(b) A vice.
(c) A moral obligation.
(d) A religious obligation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James identify as the "fruits" of religion?
2. In Lecture III, James compares mysticism to ____________.
3. What do Lectures XVI and XVII outline?
4. James claims that in excess, what can become gullibility?
5. Whom does James refer to as feeling fundamentally fed up with life?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)