|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Varieties of Religious Experience Section 2 (Lectures XI-Postcript).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to James, the more dramatic examples of conversion tend to be which of the following?
2. What do Lectures XVI and XVII outline?
(a) Aspects of mystical experience.
(b) Aspects of ascetism.
(c) Aspects of charity.
(d) Aspects of fanaticism.
3. James believes the salvation approach relies on what kind of experience?
4. James claims that in excess, what can become gullibility?
5. James states purity arises from a sense of sensitivity to _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. James identifies the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not as which of the following?
2. James asserts that inquiry is secondly designed to evaluate which of the following?
3. In Lecture III, James compares mysticism to ____________.
4. James associates Charles Pierce with what concept?
5. According to James, religion cannot exist on which of the following?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)