Quiz: The Varieties of Religious Experience Section 1 (Lectures I-X) to The Varieties of Religious Experience Section 2 (Lectures XI-Postcript)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. According to James, religion cannot exist on which of the following?
a) Irrational thought.
b) Moral thought.
c) Rational thought.
d) Immoral thought.
2. James says that mystical experience carries a sense of which of the following?
3. What does James identify as the "fruits" of religion?
a) Cultural benefits of saintliness.
b) Charity for those in need.
4. James connects religious manifestation to ______________.
5. Which definition is most close to the definition of healthy-mindedness?
a) The decision to...
This section contains 308 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)