|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Some Problems of Philosophy Section II (Chapters VIII-Appendix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James says that mystical experience carries a sense of which of the following?
2. Which definition is most close to the definition of healthy-mindedness?
(a) A deliberate attempt to see the goodness in the world and in one's personal life.
(b) The ability to continue loving somebody even when one is depressed.
(c) The decision to become happy when depressed.
(d) The longing to see others become happy.
3. What does James describe as being both sublime and trivial?
4. What term is defined as the function of consciousness?
(a) Response action.
5. What is the concept called where one believes that everything has an opposite that is negated?
Short Answer Questions
1. The third lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
2. James states that which viewpoint is the process for determining truth?
3. What type of unity does James describe as a preceding event causing a following event?
4. James says that other theorists originate from what type of experience?
5. James holds that activity is evidenced by which of the following?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)