|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Some Problems of Philosophy Section II (Chapters VIII-Appendix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James attribute to using parts to explain wholes?
2. In excess, what does James assert that virtue becomes?
(a) A vice.
(b) A religious obligation.
(c) A moral obligation.
3. What is the view that salvation of the world is not possible?
4. What religion does James say relies on elaborate ceremony and hierarchy?
5. What term does James define as an idea's argument with reality?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James, religion cannot exist on which of the following?
2. According to James, noetic pluralism indicates which of the following?
3. Who wrote the poem "To You"?
4. Which phrase does James use to describe common sense?
5. What does James describe as the champion's abstraction?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)