|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pragmatism Section II (Lectures V-VIII).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James identifies a substance through which of the following?
(d) Intellectual reasoning.
2. James believes that people will first act out of _____________.
3. According to James, the absence of something can lead to a sense of which of the following?
4. How does James describe noetic quality?
(a) New knowledge.
(b) New happiness.
(c) New virtues.
(d) New morals.
5. What position does James state believes everything is essentially the same?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does James describe as being a mental mode of adaptation to reality?
2. According to James, which of the following is not an essential element to religion?
3. According to James, beliefs are based on which of the following?
4. James says that for a man to experience the divine, what must he let go?
5. In Lecture II, James outlines the meaning of ______________.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)