|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pragmatism Section II (Lectures V-VIII).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to James, which of the following is not an essential element to religion?
2. According to James, the more dramatic examples of conversion tend to be which of the following?
3. James identifies the difference between those who are saintly and those who are not as which of the following?
(a) Having vs. seeing.
(b) Virtue vs. vices.
(c) Being vs. doing.
(d) Moral vs. immoral.
4. What does James identify as the "fruits" of religion?
(c) Charity for those in need.
(d) Cultural benefits of saintliness.
5. James identifies a substance through which of the following?
(c) Intellectual reasoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "To You"?
2. In excess, what does James believe devoutness becomes?
3. James asserts that inquiry is first designed to evaluate which of the following?
4. James says that what kind of people experience a sense of unreality?
5. How does James describe noetic quality?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)