|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pragmatism Section II (Lectures V-VIII).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lecture II, James outlines the meaning of ______________.
2. What kind of unity does James describe as being things that are like each other?
3. According to James, which of the following is not an essential element to religion?
4. Who wrote the poem "To You"?
(a) Henry James.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) William Shakespeare.
5. Lecture VII relates which of the following to pragmatism?
Short Answer Questions
1. James believes that which viewpoint fills the needs of both religion and fact?
2. According to James, the more dramatic examples of conversion tend to be which of the following?
3. What term does James describe as being a mental mode of adaptation to reality?
4. According to James, beliefs are based on which of the following?
5. James suggests that the experience of evil is necessary from an existential viewpoint to access deep levels of which of the following?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)