|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Meaning of Truth Section I (Lectures I-VII).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James attribute to determining response actions?
2. James associates Charles Pierce with what concept?
3. James says that there are how many ways of looking at the poem "To You"?
(b) Infinitely many.
4. What term is defined as the function of consciousness?
(d) Response action.
5. In excess, what does James assert that virtue becomes?
(a) A religious obligation.
(b) A moral obligation.
(d) A vice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lecture II of the meaning of truth lectures about?
2. 'Each-form,' according to James, allows for intimacy with which of the following?
3. The first lens James describes that is used for seeing the world is which of the following?
4. James says that other theorists originate from what type of experience?
5. What position does James state believes everything is essentially the same?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)