|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are China's current territorial claims based on?
2. When did the Qing Dynasty collapse?
3. Who became the leader of China after Mao died?
4. How far did the Muslim world once reach?
5. What does de Blij think may eventually happen to the European Union?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Usama (or Osama) bin Laden?
2. What areas of the globe have become hubs for terrorist activity?
3. What is supranationalism? Give some examples of supranational organizations.
4. Why does de Blij say that Chinese nationalists see the U.S. as arrogant?
5. Describe the geographic roots of sub-Saharan Africa's isolation.
6. Why does de Blij feel so strongly that Americans should be educated about Africa?
7. How does de Blij think that the United States could avoid another Cold War?
8. Why does de Blij quote Napoleon's remark that China was a sleeping giant and that whoever woke it up would regret it?
9. How does the population distribution of Europe differ from that of the United States?
10. Describe China's Cultural Revolution.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing Earth's geologic history. Be sure to include the formation of Earth, the formation of Earth's Moon, and periods of Ice Ages and interglacials.
Essay Topic 2
Why does geography matter? Write an essay explaining how de Blij answers this question.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why many people in the Islamic world resent the West.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)