|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event caused Earth's most recent mass extinction?
(a) A collision with a comet or asteroid.
(b) The formation of the Moon.
(c) A temporary lowering in the temperature of the Sun.
(d) Mass flooding caused by global warming.
2. What kind of location must be given in degrees, minutes, and seconds of longitude and latitude?
(a) Prime meridian location.
(b) Absolute location.
(c) Relative location.
(d) USGS location.
3. When did China first begin to feel the impact of the Little Ice Age?
(a) During the Han Empire.
(b) During the fall of the Roman Empire.
(c) During the Mongol Dynasty.
(d) During the Ming Dynasty.
4. What job does de Blij say should not have been eliminated by government budget cuts?
(a) Congressional aide.
(b) Ambassador to foreign countries.
(c) Geographic attache.
(d) Government cartographer.
5. How long ago did the glaciers from the last Ice Age begin to recede?
(a) The glaciers began to recede 10 million years ago.
(b) The glaciers began to recede 18,000 years ago.
(c) The glaciers began to recede 100 years ago.
(d) The glaciers began to recede 2 billion years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following European countries did NOT colonize Africa?
2. Why does de Blij call global warming a misnomer?
3. What causes the drift of Earth's continents?
4. How did Dr. John Snow use maps to save lives in London during the 19th century?
5. Which of the following activities requires the skills of a geographer?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)