Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
2. What factor was forcing those with hedge funds to sell?
3. In the mid-1990's, what was the ratio of leverage on Wall Street?
4. What did the Fed Chairman want to remove in an effort to create liquidity in the market?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade?
Write a brief essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Meriwether fully expected to continue making substantial returns with Long-Term's investment model.
When Meriwether set up Long-Term, he had to take many steps to create the company. Write an essay examining the process Meriwether went through to create Long-Term.
There were many warning signs that the profits delivered by Long-Term couldn't last. Yet, many companies did everything possible to keep some investments going at higher and higher levels when they should have slowed. Using greed as a theme, analyze this situation.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)