|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
2. What factor was forcing those with hedge funds to sell?
3. In the mid-1990's, what was the ratio of leverage on Wall Street?
4. What did the Fed Chairman want to remove in an effort to create liquidity in the market?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade?
Essay Topic 1
When Long-Term achieved major profits in its first year, Meriwether wrote a letter to investors warning against such a strong future performance.
1) Why did Meriwether feel it was important to communicate with his investors?
2) What warnings did Meriwether share with his investors?
3) Why did Meriwether feel it necessary to communicate at this level?
Essay Topic 2
Write a brief essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Long-Term set out to be a low risk company and exemplified that mission for several years.
Essay Topic 3
The Fed has a major voice in the financial decisions in the United States. Examine the function of the Fed and the actions that it took that inadvertently played a part in Long-Term's success.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)