|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the meeting with the Fed, a market movement of what percentage could have ended Long-Term?
2. When the Fed visited Long-Term, what did Hilibrand show them?
3. After the Russian financial crisis, what caused further fluctuations in the market?
4. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
5. What was the internal climate at Long-Term in 1998?
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Long-Term took part in risky investments as the market became over-saturated.
Essay Topic 2
There were many warning signs that the profits delivered by Long-Term couldn't last. Yet, many companies did everything possible to keep some investments going at higher and higher levels when they should have slowed. Using greed as a theme, analyze this situation.
Essay Topic 3
When Long-Term achieved major profits in its first year, Meriwether wrote a letter to investors warning against such a strong future performance.
1) Why did Meriwether feel it was important to communicate with his investors?
2) What warnings did Meriwether share with his investors?
3) Why did Meriwether feel it necessary to communicate at this level?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)