Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
2. What factor was forcing those with hedge funds to sell?
3. In the mid-1990's, what was the ratio of leverage on Wall Street?
4. What did the Fed Chairman want to remove in an effort to create liquidity in the market?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade?
Essay Topic 1
When Meriwether set up Long-Term, he had to take many steps to create the company. Write an essay examining the process Meriwether went through to create Long-Term.
Essay Topic 2
Examine one of the following forms of investment vehicles:
- Hedge funds.
- Value funds.
Answering the follow questions:
- What are the principals of this form of investment?
- What was Meriwether's experience with this form of investment?
- To what extent did the general public participate in this form of investment?
Essay Topic 3
As Long-Term became more and more successful, many banks and investment firms were eager to work with the company. Examine the various ways banks and investment firms offered advantages to Long-Term and why.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)