Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
2. What factor was forcing those with hedge funds to sell?
3. In the mid-1990's, what was the ratio of leverage on Wall Street?
4. What did the Fed Chairman want to remove in an effort to create liquidity in the market?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade?
Essay Topic 1
Meriwether enjoyed building strong teams to work with. Write a brief essay examining the qualities he sought out in his team members.
Essay Topic 2
Basing your answer on the height of Long-Term's career, compare and contrast several of the companies on Wall Street with Long-Term, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
When Long-Term achieved major profits in its first year, Meriwether wrote a letter to investors warning against such a strong future performance.
1) Why did Meriwether feel it was important to communicate with his investors?
2) What warnings did Meriwether share with his investors?
3) Why did Meriwether feel it necessary to communicate at this level?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)