|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did regulators respond to the involvement of banks in the derivatives market?
2. After the first bad year experienced by Long-Term, what did its overall record look like?
3. After the meeting with the Fed, a market movement of what percentage could have ended Long-Term?
4. On what date did Russia declare a debt moratorium?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade based on?
Essay Topic 1
Meriwether began his career at Salomon Brothers before starting Long-Term. Write a detailed profile of his career path at Salomon Brothers, answering the following questions.
1) What risk did Meriwether take at Salomon Brothers?
2) What were the challenges and rewards?
3) Why did his career at Salomon Brothers come to an end?
Essay Topic 2
The academic model Long-Term used for investing proved impressive on many occasions.
1) What were the principles behind the Value-at-Risk models?
2) What were the problems with these models?
3) How did these models impact the investments placed by Long-Term?
Essay Topic 3
The Fed has a major voice in the financial decisions in the United States. Examine the function of the Fed and the actions that it took that inadvertently played a part in Long-Term's success.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)