Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the common belief regarding nuclear powers?
2. What factor was forcing those with hedge funds to sell?
3. In the mid-1990's, what was the ratio of leverage on Wall Street?
4. What did the Fed Chairman want to remove in an effort to create liquidity in the market?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade?
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Long-Term set out to be a low risk company and exemplified that mission for several years.
Essay Topic 2
Occasionally, Long-Term encountered a trading regulation that was designed to prevent them from over-leveraging. In many of these situations, they would find a way to sidestep the regulation. Write an essay that takes a stand on this type of behavior and identify at least three examples from the text in your work.
Essay Topic 3
Write a brief essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Meriwether fully expected to continue making substantial returns with Long-Term's investment model.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)