|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did regulators respond to the involvement of banks in the derivatives market?
2. After the first bad year experienced by Long-Term, what did its overall record look like?
3. After the meeting with the Fed, a market movement of what percentage could have ended Long-Term?
4. On what date did Russia declare a debt moratorium?
5. What was Long-Term's signature trade based on?
Essay Topic 1
When Long-Term achieved major profits in its first year, Meriwether wrote a letter to investors warning against such a strong future performance.
1) Why did Meriwether feel it was important to communicate with his investors?
2) What warnings did Meriwether share with his investors?
3) Why did Meriwether feel it necessary to communicate at this level?
Essay Topic 2
The investment requirements of Long-Term were quite stringent. Citing examples from the text, write an essay examining the investment requirements and opportunity for return for potential Long-Term investors.
Essay Topic 3
Write a brief essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: The irresponsible management of Long-Term by the partners led to its downfall.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)